Interesting chat with FAO..

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisPackham

Local firearms chap always has a good story ... his latest comment was about licence holders being followed home and targeted for burglary to obtain firearms and suggestion that where possible it’s a good idea to drive through areas with CCTV such as petrol station.  Could be nonsense, but just in case I thought I would share..

as in followed home from clay grounds ??

Interesting note in today’s Times suggesting thefts up and to make sure guns stored safely .  I fear an excuse for tighter legislation creeping in..

426C4F71-FDAA-45AA-B586-8017658FF301.jpeg

My FAO said exactly the same thing when he did my renewal visit back in March. He told me to keep an eye in my rear view mirror on the drive home from clay shoots. The thieves work out where you live and then pay you a visit some time later when you are out etc... MM

Local firearms chap always has a good story ... his latest comment was about licence holders being followed home and targeted for burglary to obtain firearms and suggestion that where possible it’s a good idea to drive through areas with CCTV such as petrol station.  Could be nonsense, but just in case I thought I would share..
I was burgled in 2006   guns stolen !   who knows how I was targeted   ( no pun intended )    upgraded security   , but you can only do so much !

the best form of security is secrecy  unfortunately that has been blown by having a note on your medical records for all to see

then we have the incident of the police force (cant remember which one) handing out contact details for a commercial company to target gun holders. I had to supply medical records for my renewal so not only medical staff but all the office staff also are aware.

I sometimes think there is a conspiracy to allow a few security problems to arise so that there can be a tightening of gun ownership conditions

we already have stupidly strict pistol owning rules , how long before  shotgun owners  have a similar regime forced on them

dan

Interesting note in today’s Times suggesting thefts up and to make sure guns stored safely .  I fear an excuse for tighter legislation creeping in..

View attachment 6880
Having spent the last few months working in Central London the local news has sadly for the victims and there families featured a number of shootings, all mentioned small arms, none mentioned a shotgun, MrPlod has an unenviable task to stem such a flow of small arms in the capital Id imagine

the best form of security is secrecy  unfortunately that has been blown by having a note on your medical records for all to see

then we have the incident of the police force (cant remember which one) handing out contact details for a commercial company to target gun holders. I had to supply medical records for my renewal so not only medical staff but all the office staff also are aware.

I sometimes think there is a conspiracy to allow a few security problems to arise so that there can be a tightening of gun ownership conditions

we already have stupidly strict pistol owning rules , how long before  shotgun owners  have a similar regime forced on them

dan
With social media and the internet it would be very easy for MrCrook & MrWrongUn to not only find out who is a shooter, where they live is also not as secretive as we would all like gun ownership to be 

Think it was the Met Police that released all their data to a Marketing company for sending information on a product called SmartWater! 

I assume so, but not sure..

Caught speeding!! As a responsible firearms or shotgun owner the onus is upon us to be upstanding members of society ... and not be caught!?
:)  I noticed that you said 'not be caught' as opposed to don't speed! :)  

the deterrent for crime in this country  is laughable  ,   I believe that's why criminals re offend   so often ,   they seem to enjoy prison life  and view it as a badge of honour ,     the ones not imprisoned  are usually punished  by working on community payback schemes           pathetic  !       

Community payback is pathetic.
Its all bloody pathetic..yesterday someone broke into a house and attacked somebody with a knife,one occupant of the house has been arrested and they are searching for the other as the attacker got stabbed!

Complete and utter madness  :wacko:

Stupid is as Stupid does.

Some years ago a local Large Car & Van hire company owner was burgled at home and his Wife was beaten by the burglars, as they drove away to make their excape the House owner fired a number of rounds from his legally held pistol into the rear of the car , hitting the driver in the back , resulting in him becoming paralysed.

House owner was arrested , prosecuted , imprisoned for attempted manslaughter and went away for a long time , lost his house , company employees all looking for jobs .

Burglar goes to hospital uses the NHS system , eventually goes to prison for a short period of time ( remember how he has suffered) comes out of Prison , sues anyone he can and reportedly got £1 million plus .

Stupid is as Stupid does.

Some years ago a local Large Car & Van hire company owner was burgled at home and his Wife was beaten by the burglars, as they drove away to make their excape the House owner fired a number of rounds from his legally held pistol into the rear of the car , hitting the driver in the back , resulting in him becoming paralysed.

House owner was arrested , prosecuted , imprisoned for attempted manslaughter and went away for a long time , lost his house , company employees all looking for jobs .

Burglar goes to hospital uses the NHS system , eventually goes to prison for a short period of time ( remember how he has suffered) comes out of Prison , sues anyone he can and reportedly got £1 million plus .
This i can undestand and think is right, attacker was leaving so longer a threat. Tin hat on

Its all bloody pathetic..yesterday someone broke into a house and attacked somebody with a knife,one occupant of the house has been arrested and they are searching for the other as the attacker got stabbed!

Complete and utter madness  :wacko:
They have to do this. a stabbing has occurred, facts need to be recorded, statements taken, you have to be placed under arrest to validate the statement of fact.

Rightly so. The law gives us all a right to self defence, including using lethal force if necessary. You can hardly claim the need to use such force if the threat is driving away!

Sure, there’s a debate to be had about the appropriateness of punishments in this country but that doesn’t justify the use of force of that kind.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back