Hull comp x cartridges. Price comparison needed.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MPB

I have decided to purchase Hull comp x 21gram 12gauge cartridges. Im going with 21g as im after low recoil as my gun is a beast with recoil! Just Cartridges online sell Hull comp x 12g 21g for £182 per 1,000 with £15 delivery.

Does anyone know where i can get these cheaper with delivery, from a reputable dealer of course.

Any info will be appreciated.

I have decided to purchase Hull comp x 21gram 12gauge cartridges. Im going with 21g as im after low recoil as my gun is a beast with recoil! Just Cartridges online sell Hull comp x 12g 21g for £182 per 1,000 with £15 delivery.

Does anyone know where i can get these cheaper with delivery, from a reputable dealer of course.

A few points -

1. You’ll probably struggle to find anyone other than Just Cartridges that’ll deliver to your door. Most RFD’s require you to collect as they need to see your certificate. What's more, unless it's a bulk order the cost saved per 1000 is lost once carriage is added.

2. Hull Comp X in 28g are around £190 per 1000 and are soft to shoot, no matter what gun your using. They'll give you an advantage over a 21g load for a very similar price. I’d go for that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jan Powell is spot on, we also ought to know why your gun is a "beast" with recoil, doesn't sound right or healthy. I always think people are missing a trick or two when going down the 21g route to "fix" recoil. 

1). Hamster is right i would be looking into why your gun recoils so much and fixing that - irrespective of cartridge choice.

2). TBH delivery cost will wipe out any saving on cartridges. Much better to pick up locally if an option. There will be several dealers who stock Hull Cartridges in your area.

Use the "dealer locator" on the Hull website - https://www.hullcartridge.co.uk/dealers 

Thanks for your input everyone. 

Hamster:

Maybe its the wrong terminology to say my gun is a beast with recoil! Its a 30yr old Lanber 12g o/u and has a good kick to it when fired. I just figured that going with a 21g cartridge would lower the kick when fired and not distract me for my 2nd shot. 

Jan Powell:

Thanks for your input and after internet research Hull Comp X seem to be the "softest" and its good to know that a 28g is just as soft.

PP:

I live near Heathrow airport.

Skeetfreak:

Thanks for your advice.

Thanks all.

I do need to buy a new gun but funds at the moment dictate i have to make do with my Lanber. Its not a bad gun and fits well.

Latest posts

Back