Hi, from Sidcup

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markvulture

Hi, my girlfriend and i live in sidcup, our local clay shooting haunt is JJ's in Dartford. I used to shoot mostly target rifle disciplines years ago, with a few bits of shotgunning over the years. My girlfriend has hardly shot anything at all but thoroughly enjoys herself doing it! I use a Browning B125 that used to be my dad's and the long haired general uses a brand new shiny Yildiz 20 bore. I fancy skeet at some point in the near future but we are still enjoying sporting birds at JJ's currently!

Hi, my girlfriend and i live in sidcup, our local clay shooting haunt is JJ's in Dartford. I used to shoot mostly target rifle disciplines years ago, with a few bits of shotgunning over the years. My girlfriend has hardly shot anything at all but thoroughly enjoys herself doing it! I use a Browning B125 that used to be my dad's and the long haired general uses a brand new shiny Yildiz 20 bore. I fancy skeet at some point in the near future but we are still enjoying sporting birds at JJ's currently!
Welcome and enjoy.  If you wish to branch out a little, I recommend visiting Dartford as there are numerous disciplines to enjoy including at least four skeet layouts.  They are extremely welcoming and the clubhouse, food and facilities are great.  Only last weekend I was there for floodlit sportrap and I managed to have a lie down on one of the sofas with a blanket provided by Kelly the manager, watching an old film waiting for my turn.  It is not that far from JJs.

Sian, yep dartford is on the soon to visit list! What i failed to mention is my multichoke B125 only had the chokes that were in it, which i think is 3/4 and 1/2, so im waiting for a christmas present of some chokes to have a stab at skeet with! Also in the spirit of nurturing enthusiasm for our sport we have taken our neighbour with us, who is very enthusiastic and has already bought himself a gun (which is on my ticket and in my cabinet!) and he has seen the night shoots on you tube and really really fancies it! The complications are weekends are quite busy for us looking after poorly parents and Petes girlfriend is due to produce their first child at the end of november! I do have the last wednesday in Nov and the first in Dec booked off work, so we will probably do a bit of JJing those days.

Hi Mark

If you fancy a whole lot of variety and a skeet layout as well, go to West Kent Shooting School(they do offer lessons but most punters go there to practice and have some fun) it’s  in Paddock Wood. Ground is very well presented, open all weekdays, staff are friendly/welcoming and it’s only 40 mins drive from you down the M20. They also have a 30+ metre tower if you fancy some high pheasant practice???

MM

All these options are good, short term what we need is the same stands every time that aren't too demanding while we find our feet so to speak. Moving on we will try them all, especially since she now has a gun once comfortable with it we aren't tied to anywhere that has suitable loan guns !!!

Latest posts

Back