Beretta Xcel 400 balance cap weight

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack 1

Hi. I want to guy a new Xcel 400 balance cap but I do not know and nobody can tell me the weight of the weight of factory fitted cap also what are the differences  in performance of a heavier or lighter weight.

Thanks

In my view a total waste of time and money. I have the standard blue one on mine. It in no way handles like my usual O/U i use and no amount of weight will make it do so. I like it as an auto and it shoots very well as it is. 

I once watched a squad of American skeet shooters shooting in the British Open Skeet. They all had Beretta auto's fitted with Briley forend weights from the squad of 5, 4 of them went on to shoot 100 straight, but I do not think the weights contributed to that really. I think the idea is to reduce muzzle flip on firing, aiding the move to the second target.

I bought the 2 options from Beretta Black and Silver.

Tried them both and they have been in a box somewhere for the last couple of years,seemed like a good idea but an auto is so totally different in handling that it really was no better for me..

Back