Air rlfle

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wynno

Ok folks, I need your help

I’m after an air rifle to help me deal with rats. I have seen a few around the bird feeder and want to deal with this situation rather quickly,

The Mrs is not too keen on seeing the little barstewards running around.

So I need advice on a cheapish gun that will deal with them. I have a trap and will catch them live, I was thinking of drowning them in the water butt but the mrs doesn’t like that idea.

budget is around £350

download.jpgI use a Webley Exocet .22 break barrel. Vey short carbine style. Silencer already fitted. Flat head pellets. Does the job very well . And u can load it in the dark with the lights out ?. Should be in well under your budget. 

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're a good shot who can use a spring rifle accurately I'd recommend a Weihrauch HW95 in .22, you should easily find a second hand one with scope inside your budget or pretty damn close brand new.

If you're relatively new to airguns then I'd suggest a trip down to a gun shop or two where pretty much any pneumatic make which can be bought for that budget (including a small air reservoir) will put pellet on pellet at 30 yards.

I’m after an air rifle to help me deal with rats. I have seen a few around the bird feeder and want to deal with this situation rather quickly,

So I need advice on a cheapish gun that will deal with them. I have a trap and will catch them live, I was thinking of drowning them in the water butt but the mrs doesn’t like that idea.

budget is around £350
 I bought a hatsan for exactly this purpose, including good enough scope and mounts for less than half this money (go for a big objective lens and illuminated reticle for low light). Where are you based? You are very welcome to borrow mine.

If you're a good shot who can use a spring rifle accurately I'd recommend a Weihrauch HW95 in .22, you should easily find a second hand one with scope inside your budget or pretty damn close brand new.

If you're relatively new to airguns then I'd suggest a trip down to a gun shop or two where pretty much any pneumatic make which can be bought for that budget (including a small air reservoir) will put pellet on pellet at 30 yards.
Never had a need for an air rifle before, and I think a 12 bore is a little overkill for the task

You may find what you need at local gunshop (Phil Ash or Dai Moses) they used to have a tidy selection of air rifles you should be able to find something to suit your budget there or Keens in  aberkenfig 

I shot a rat on Sunday with a Daystate Wolverine 303 hilite air rifle, the rat exploded @ 50 yards  :cool:

this ^

springers are not easy to shoot, accurately. You be better with a PCP as Mr hammy says.

budget is around £350
You would be better off with a 410 and a mod, easy get one for £350 or less

I bought acrossman  co2 pistol 22 for the same reason  cost £90 new and its very quiet and negative kick just pull back the bolt to load can also get it in rifle mode.

takes small co2 cylinders

I bought acrossman  co2 pistol 22 for the same reason  cost £90 new and its very quiet and negative kick just pull back the bolt to load can also get it in rifle mode.

takes small co2 cylinders
if you can hit a rat with a crossman  pistol you may want to consider entering the Olympics  :rolleyes:  

Take away the food source and the rats will move on. You will save yourself 350 quid and a fiver a month on bird feed

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Take away the food source and the rats will move on. You will save yourself 350 quid and a fiver a month on bird feed
Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
This, youll never be rid of them as long as the food source is still plentiful
Sent from my LG-K120 using Tapatalk

Do they have 'Running Rat'  ??
If they had running coppers that would make a brilliant discipline !.................... :lol:

but it would be the same would it not  :angel:

If they had running coppers that would make a brilliant discipline !.................... :lol:

but it would be the same would it not  :angel:
Nah, the days of 'Running Officers' are long gone.  If you were to chase after someone today, it would be filmed on a mobile and you would be disciplined for causing unnecessary  suffering to the poor little darling  !

some of us have natural hunting and shooting skills that allow us to hit big targets like rats,i just bait them with something tasty and when shot leave the corpse in lace it seems to attract others no problem once you practice, the rifle version is easier of course  but I get by with the pistol

Latest posts

Back