Reloading

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Satan42

I’m thinking of loading my own shells, and I’m just wondering if anyone has any experience and hints/tips about it. Looking at a Lee Load All if anyone has used one. And finally what are the savings by reloading? 

It`ll probably be costing you to reload ! Only loading smaller bores or specialized loads will be much cheaper.

`tis fun tho` !

For starters that is a WAY slow machine and you best be having LOTS of spare time.

And as Garwood mentions the economic benefits are likely nil or in the negative #'s.  Over a couple decades, OK more, I've loaded maybe a couple million carts on really fast progressive machines.  Component prices are now to the point here that it costs me about $0.01/shot to shoot new carts vs/ reloads.  I quit loading a bit over a year ago and have not missed it for heartbeat.

Consider the costs and time expenditures carefully

If you do get into it then I would recommend the Mec 600Jr.   I used to reload in the 80's and that's the machine I used.  I'd love to reload again but it is cheaper to buy ready made ctgs.  

Thanks for all the replies. I was hoping it would be cheaper but after working everything out I can get ready made cartridges for £3 cheaper! It would have been fun though!

Latest posts

Back