Cartridge prices falling?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the end of September all the major Cartel Members dropped their prices of the 'budget range' to £170/1000. By the end of October that had crept back up to £185/1000. As the fuel Companies have been getting away with "charge what you like" for so long, it would appear that other Industries have jumped onto the gravy train. So, excuse me if I do not get too excited at your news.  :???:  

At the end of September all the major Cartel Members dropped their prices of the 'budget range' to £170/1000. By the end of October that had crept back up to £185/1000. As the fuel Companies have been getting away with "charge what you like" for so long, it would appear that other Industries have jumped onto the gravy train. So, excuse me if I do not get too excited at your news.  :???:  
However, it’s heading in the right direction, and it could cause others to follow suit 

Possibly slowing demand from club shooters is happening & sales have dropped a little?

Sounds like the last bit of a cycle - Two increases one decrease.  :)

That is fantastic news ,  Hull Pro Ones are now only £7-50 for a box.

With the increase in the interest rate I may be able to save for a registered in the new year.

Did Dick Turpin ride from London to York or was it Hull?

the speed at which these carts are coming off the production line and I believe all of the stuff they use is british I cant see why they are as expensive as they are

just like diesel and petrol they just keep pushing the prices up at any excuse !!!!!!!!!!!!1     that's it   iam getting fed up now , will have to go shooting to cheer myself up again 

Last edited by a moderator:
Petrol smells, diesel is slimy and shells bang.  :lol: :lol:

I am also told some people will pay good money for used tarts knickers?????

The 4000 jockers I have left that i bought last year stand me in at £140 a thou. They are £172 at my local gunshop at the moment so they still need to drop a bit.

I think that the situation we have at this moment in time regarding cartridge cartels is totally unacceptable , but what can we do about it?

Schmokkin proposed a botcott of some brands , but although possibly being a wake up call is never going to happen due to brand loyalty.

But really it is the only tool you have in the box.

I am aware of a number of cartridge retailers being boycotted  and this has resulted in those shops reducing stock and availability of certain brands , which must hit manufacturers sales?

If manufacturing costs are so high and profits low , how come the manufacturers are not tightening their belts and reducing sales staff and company cars , game shooting days and hosting days on Grouse Moors?

No ! make no mistake manufacturers are doing very nicely thanks to YOU.

No ! make no mistake manufacturers are doing very nicely thanks to YOU.
I have no doubt whatsoever this is true... but they are not the only ones. The notion that there is not a significant mark up for the retailer is nonsense. Take as an example a shooting ground shop. If they stock a shotgun what do the have invested in that gun? How long may that gun sit on the shelf earning them nothing? Then look at them buying in 25k of cartridges at , I will pluck a realistic figure from the air, £130 which they then sell on for £170 or more per thousand and I doubt it will take them long to shift them if they are competitively priced. OK the gun will give them a big wad when the sell it but the cartridges are trickling in money all the time.

I have no doubt whatsoever this is true... but they are not the only ones. The notion that there is not a significant mark up for the retailer is nonsense. Take as an example a shooting ground shop. If they stock a shotgun what do the have invested in that gun? How long may that gun sit on the shelf earning them nothing? Then look at them buying in 25k of cartridges at , I will pluck a realistic figure from the air, £130 which they then sell on for £170 or more per thousand and I doubt it will take them long to shift them if they are competitively priced. OK the gun will give them a big wad when the sell it but the cartridges are trickling in money all the time.
So you are suggesting there is a 30% mark up on cartridges a good margin when we are constantly told that they make nothing out of them?

There must be someone on here that used to or now sells cartridges that can give us the definitive answer rather than the constant unknown?

Latest posts

Back