Sir Jackie Stewart

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwpzx9r

Just listening to the great man on SKY F1 relating how his shooting skills were transferred to F1 with regard to controlling his thoughts and emotions when under pressure. He actually said his shooting skills transferred to driving a racing car allowed him " be in another place" while competing. Great man and a very generous and magnanimous man when it comes to acknowledging others in the sport.

I think 40up has a picture of him shooting OT with sir Stewart at sealand the home of British OT.

I have seen him at sealand in mid 80s but didn't have the pleasure of shooting with him.

indeed he was, and still a top game shot I believe ?

indeed he was, and still a top game shot I believe ?
Yes 40UP said he moves in the upper echelon of game shooting... which you may expect having the wad that he has at his back ... mind you he is a proud Scot I bet he get lots of invites !!

he used to arrange charity shoots with rich and famous peeps and got loads of loot for charity,saw one on tv many years ago didn't realise at the time that he was clay shooter of some quality and skill, they were held in Scotland I beleive

he also had a riverside shack on the thames think it was called silver tasse used to moor my boat there when on holiday never saw him though

I’ve known JYS a while.  I first met him properly at the British Racing Drivers Club clay shoot at EJC about 1999 or 2000.  He wasn’t averse to a bit of heckling to put me off.. ? I think he is on record saying he went motor racing as it offered better money than shooting.. 

He wrote me a lovely letter when my dad died..

I think he is on record saying he went motor racing as it offered better money than shooting.. 
Yes he will have earned a lot racing cars  BUT compared to what drivers earn today not nearly enough when one considers the extra risk drivers of his era took... driver were being killed on a very regular basis unfortunately :(  in fact I am certain JYS had more than a little with the search to make motor racing a safer sport. When you consider his time in formula one racing he did a remarkable job winning three world championships and runner up twice... he only raced for 10 years.

Yes he will have earned a lot racing cars  BUT compared to what drivers earn today not nearly enough when one considers the extra risk drivers of his era took... driver were being killed on a very regular basis unfortunately :(  in fact I am certain JYS had more than a little with the search to make motor racing a safer sport. When you consider his time in formula one racing he did a remarkable job winning three world championships and runner up twice... he only raced for 10 years.
His career starts after his driving stopped..

Latest posts

Back