Caution when cleaning

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dannymac

Today I got brave and took my stock off. No problem set to  with wd40 degreecer, left a couple of mins to penetrate. Set to with cotton wool buds and bore cleaner , no problems . Then i turned it over oh no! there's a pin on the matt s**t . Then i had a little shake and a bit of metal fell out s**t . I think it was part of the selector.  Stop . Pick up the pieces and put it back together.  Take it to the gun Smith Bozard , 

No problem,  they fall out very easily he says . When  do you want it back "Wednesday I reply "  no problem he says  see you  Wednesday. 

Relief  :)   So be careful, take your time. Dont BELIEVE  everything you see online .

Cheers Danny 

It must have been a Beretta ! they go in to self destruct mode if you try to service it yourself

Last edited by a moderator:
best thing about my beretta it comes to pieces easy peasy  to work on and change bits and thingys etc

I had exactly the same scary moment with my Beretta SV10. It was in fact produced in 2011 which was squarely at the time when their quality department appeared to have been on strike for 4 or 5 years. On mine it was the pin that located the barrel selector/safety linkage. Whoever assembled that gun must have been aware that what is supposed to be a push fit pin was far too loose.

Also, I was advised by a long standing gunsmith to never, ever use WD40 inside a Beretta. For those who don't know, it leaves a light gummy residue which gets into the cocking rod tunnels and cocking cams leading to misfires and light strikes. Apparently it takes a full strip to rectify.

Got my gun back from the gun Smith all sorted.  Had anew ejector spring fitted also. Took myself of to Oxford gun co for a 100. Wow what a diffrence,  I could feel some recoil , shot my best score ever 82 ( apparently my wife doesn't understand my joy) and I was shooting with 2 stranger's  nice guys. Very happy all round

Cheers Danny 

I stripped cleaned my summit  re greased  all good !  is it just beretta   guns   or has others fell to bits on cleaning  ?

I stripped cleaned my summit  re greased  all good !  is it just beretta   guns   or has others fell to bits on cleaning  ?
Some Berettas are put together properly. My pre EVO 1st version 686E from 2006 which was built in the custom shop along with the 682s & DT10s was very well built, whereas my 2011 SV10 was thrown together on the factory production line. The SV10 didn't actually go wrong, but it had some unnecessary annoyances and the overall fit, finish and build quality were pretty dismal in comparison to the earlier gun.

Latest posts

Back