EJ Churchill Shoot 2nd Nov

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markpods

Hi all, 

I am taking the plunge and doing my first compeition CPSA shoot at Churchill on the 2nd November, I am fairly new to the sport! 

Anyway would anyone be going or willing to take me under there wing on this day to help out? 

Thanks in advance. 

Mark

Hi all, 

I am taking the plunge and doing my first compeition CPSA shoot at Churchill on the 2nd November, I am fairly new to the sport! 

Anyway would anyone be going or willing to take me under there wing on this day to help out? 

Thanks in advance. 

Mark
There's a fair chance I'll be there with a friend or two around 10-11.00, you're more than welcome to come round with us. 

Gents, I shot with Mark on Sunday and he is a safe, sensible gun. 

Great choice for a first shoot, you'll enjoy it. It's a shame I cannot come along with you but I'm working that day :(

I can attest to Will Hewland being a very friendly and approachable chap; he is a ground ambassador for EJC so i'm sure is delighted to hear that you're going there for your first comp.

Whilst I've never met Hamster face to face his reputation proceeds him and I expect him to be equally as friendly and helpful as the aforementioned, Mr. Hewland. 

Once you've been you need to make sure you post here: http://www.shootclayforum.com/index.php?/topic/17227-sporting-shoots-where-and-how-did-it-go/ so we can all hear about it :)

Sitting on the train in to London, going to work, feeling jealous of all those going to EJC today.

Well that was a good shoot, but certainly no walkover. No stand was too tough, but ones that most would expect to straight were just 11 and 12 (which weren’t dead easy). Personally I would have backed two stands off to give the less experienced folk a bit more to cling to, but it was very enjoyable. I feel tired after shooting it as concentration was full on..

Just heard Steve Lovatt 96. Very good indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:
The first time I've shot a 100 reg shoot there and if they are all like that I will certainly be back. I've never shot a 1/4ing away battue from below the stand before.I only straightened 3 stands but ended up on 84.

The first time I've shot a 100 reg shoot there and if they are all like that I will certainly be back. I've never shot a 1/4ing away battue from below the stand before.I only straightened 3 stands but ended up on 84.
They aren’t.  Good shoot shot badly, missed all the in your face dinner plates, missed 3 of the 70 mm crosser as I shot in front of them, missed 5 second bird teals can’t remember what else odds and sods a very poor 67.  Decided to shoot the pool just to get rid of the feeling of gloom and shot 14/15 missing the little B bird on the second Simo pair.

Also a visitor today, in my twilight years work is luckliy not my master more a partner, shot the course late in the afternoon with Joe Hale, a few q’s so we drifted past rather than hopped past a few stands, had a mare on the platform, bit of a bogey really as I cant remember ever feeling confident shooting in that part of the ground, and again later on a simo pair with a distant black rabbit hurtling r-l into a dark background & bank, those apart had a very pleasant afternoon, generally in steerage class the scores appeared on the low side, my 67 with the new gun is a ? happy me, Joe 87, shot most stands very very well only to have a brain fart or two. 

Lovely ground, nice people and a good course, cant ask for more 

Steve Lovatt 96, very big hand ??

Back