Which Clay Ground ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyingTrotter

Heading over to a game shoot on Sat and fancy stopping at a clay ground on Friday to do some practice - shoot is not far from Evesham and I am driving from London 

i would be interested in suggestions - Ian Coley is a possibility - I like their ground - map suggests the Oxfordshire is en route - looking for somewhere with good pay and play and ideally a good high tower

Been a few times for grouse but tuition - thought it was lessons or caddied rounds not pay to play 

Thanks for responding - went with Coley as a tune up ahead of a game day - wasn’t the most challenging but it’s nicely set up and was quiet so could focus - may stop at one of the other schools when en route to the West Country over the next few weeks   

I'd definitely give ej Churchill's a go,the best caddy they have is a guy called Will.

I do know the main grounds around London as I live there and shoot too often for my wallet - I do like EJC but the question I posed wasn’t related to the grounds local to me - no worries - I am now 8 miles from the shot sat with a large malt so all good 

will try to raise issues in a clearer way in future 

Glad you enjoyed Coley, FlyingTrotter! If anyone else is looking for shooting grounds in London, A1 have some great facilities in North London. Various traps, tower thrown clays etc...

https://www.allcocksoutdoorstore.co.uk/blog/2017/11/06/top-clay-pigeon-shooting-grounds-uk/
Interesting link, but Willow Farm aren't a 'booking-only ground'. I've shot there almost every week for the last four years and the only time they ever suggest booking is when they have a squadded 'all-rounder' competition on, which they do a couple of times a year. 

Latest posts

Back