WHAT DO YOU THINK

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lefty

iT WOULD BE NICE TO HEAR WHAT YOU FOLKS OUT THERE THINK OF YOU SHOOTING ORGANISERS IE THE C.P.S.A THE WELSH, THE IRISH, AND THE SCOTS OR ANY OTHER REPRESENTING US. lefty

YOU are TOO LOUD! DON'T USE BIG LETTERS use small ones! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gifThe Lone Canadian,Henry/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gifBTW, what about everyone else?/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-embarassed.gif

Who are the CPSA? Seriously, they need to start earning their corn.Clayshooting appears to be in disarray without a guiding hand at the helm.There have been too many issues that have not been managed or dealt with and I feel that the membership have little faith in the running of the association by the Board.Remember it is an organisation that should be run by the elected board, which does not seem to be the case for more than two years now, the Board appear to not address any issues at all.

you are very correct Peter, there are many many issues that are being swept under the carpet none more serious than the recent issues that have been discussed on Shoot Clay recently, the money that's spent on legal costs is another serious problem that needs addressed very seriously and quickly, the matter of the way the 'Majors' are being run (or not) needs to be addressed before they become a laughing stock,the fact that Colts are having to pay the same entry fee as a senior member is a disgrace in my opinion, CPSA class colts up to 16 years old and then juniors up to 21 years old surely their entry fee's should reflect their ages and the fact they can't be expected to pay the same as a full adult - we need new blood in to the sport and with the country in the financial state it's in we need to be helping and encouraging young boys & girls to come forward and try the sport out, the bigger comps should be the place to attract young ones to shooting and show them what it (should) be like at top level with them being made feel welcome and special and not that they're there taggin along with their parents or family etc - they need to feel a buzz that should come from these 'Major' events. I think that this thread is the perfect chance for members to air their thoughts of what the CPSA means to them and what they think should and needs to be sorted out for them to see some sort of value for their money . Nigel

As a clay shooter I have always believed that I should support the CPSA because they are the governing body of my sport.I now believe that they do nothing for the average clubman member who is not interested in registered shoots.They did not even properly support the clay shooter,the largest group using lead shot, in the recent meetings of the Lead Ammunition Group,leaving our representation to a third party,the Shooting Sports Council.My CPSA Clubman membership is due to expire and I will not be renewing it.I can get insurance elswhere for £20 and I can cope without 'Pull' Vic.

lefty said:

iT WOULD BE NICE TO HEAR WHAT YOU FOLKS OUT THERE THINK OF YOU SHOOTING ORGANISERS IE THE C.P.S.A THE WELSH, THE IRISH, AND THE SCOTS OR ANY OTHER REPRESENTING US. lefty
Hello Geoff,   I've just had a call from an old friend of ours ! -  Melvyn /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif  he's told me for a few years about you - he's a nutter eh /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif   nice to speak to you. Nige

Outlaw said:

Vic, I agree with all you say mate apart from the point that I cant cope without a Pull now and again .
Perhaps there's a place for you on the CPSA board with the other 'Pullers'  /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif Vic.

Tony (Outlaw) said;-' Thats was suggested the other year ., I think I'm beyond caring about that sort of thing now mate.'I believe that is the root cause of the problems with the CPSA .We have an organisation that is run by a very poor board of directors. Now we have to ask, what is the problem?We all know many very well meaning people who have been elected to the board with well meaning intentions and for all the right reasons, but once on the board they don't seem to change a thing.Is the board representing the memberships views correctly?It is my opinion that they are not.

Hi All ( yes Nige our freind is as you say not quite the ticket a good bloke though)We as i posted this topic i suppose i had better put my pennies worth in, I feel let down  when i lived in London and it started when i was trying to get into A class i traveled a lot of miles to acheive this Aclass position.I went up north several times in the midlands area and shot 100 reg 12 or more times ( by the way i am talking the 19, 90s when a pound levy was in force) i got into A class that year by the skin of my teeth.But by my reconing i made it easily i always kept my scores in a book so my self and the C.P.S.A went through my book and what the variouse grounds had submitted for me only to learn that this particular ground had not returned 800 reg targets.I asked the C.P.S.A what you gonna do about it they did make inquieries with the ground excepted their excuses it didnt matter that i had travelled from london their answer was well you reached A class so whats the problem so we parted company.I moved from london to Wales and joined the W.C.T.S.A well in my veiw not much better. Ifeel that these different organisations that represent us should join forces into one body and maybe they will have enough clout to stop the goverments who ever doing exactly what they want.Shooting is frowned upon as a sport we need new blood in our sport for it to carry on we are only looking after it for those that are to follow , But the way things are going there wont be anything left.Keep your cheek on the stock and look at the target not the gun best Regards Lefty

Latest posts

Back