New 2017 MXS

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schmokinn

So they have brought out a new model MXS apparently there is no change but the now much smaller logo ( bit bland) on the side apart from the now 7 grand price tag  :eek:

Personally i love mine balance and trigger pull is great and i quite like the MXS on the action haven't spoken to one owner that didn't like the gun.

So does this mean that the original was under priced for what it was a loss leader for Perazzi and they are trying to recoup or have just valued it what it should have been?

Good for me as i paid a fraction of the original price for mine  :smile:

2 grand for some smaller writing?!

170823131007003-3-680x410-c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a shockingly plain looking gun for £7k. And I don’t mean tasteful plain, it looks unfinished. Surely they could at least do some mass production level engraving like you get on a Silver Pigeon?

I think Perazzi had a real dilemma wondering what to do new, about 5 years ago. None of it has been quite worthy of their great brand IMO, image wise.

Glad to admit I was one of the most vocal about the horrid large lettering on the original one  :kiss:  which just cheapened the brand but this is even more awful, I agree with Will it looks unfinished, what is it that such skilled companies working with steel for decades can't understand or get right ? I have seen wonderful plain actions on guns costing £1500, what a mess. 

Do Perazzi not have a brain storming session when they finalise designs and aesthetics ?  :wacko:

I get some people don't like the original wanting something more reserved,personally i like the original for its boldness and modernity.

Just don't understand the 7 grand price tag as you can get a High Tech or MX12 for 8 and a bit?

So they have brought out a new model MXS apparently there is no change but the now much smaller logo ( bit bland) on the side apart from the now 7 grand price tag  :eek:

Personally i love mine balance and trigger pull is great and i quite like the MXS on the action haven't spoken to one owner that didn't like the gun.

So does this mean that the original was under priced for what it was a loss leader for Perazzi and they are trying to recoup or have just valued it what it should have been?

Good for me as i paid a fraction of the original price for mine  :smile:

2 grand for some smaller writing?!

170823131007003-3-680x410-c.jpg
Awe now you've gone and done it ... cue the usual telling us that Perazzi shotguns are shoite and overpriced at that! :)

Surely they could at least do some mass production level engraving like you get on a Silver Pigeon?
I have a silver pigeon ... it is the definition of shoite.. the finish has flaked off the action in several places all along the side rails someone was fretting about some mocroscopic scratches on the inside of the choke section of their new Perazzi's barrels... check out the grooves on the inside of that actionDSCN3478.JPGDSCN3480.JPG

and that gun has shot less than FIVE HUNDRED CARTRIDGES !

I have a silver pigeon ... it is the definition of shoite.. the finish has flaked off the action in several places all along the side rails someone was fretting about some mocroscopic scratches on the inside of the choke section of their new Perazzi's barrels... check out the grooves on the inside of that actionView attachment 6783View attachment 6784

and that gun has shot less than FIVE HUNDRED CARTRIDGES !
Let Gmk do there worst then...probably the wrong sort of cartridges ;)

Awe now you've gone and done it ... cue the usual telling us that Perazzi shotguns are shoite and overpriced at that! :)
Not sh*te but how do you defend a 2G price rise for a different finish unless it was underpriced in the first place?

The black version is far nicer yes. (Id still save £2k and go Blaser though..)
I would save 6k and go Lincoln ?

That is a shockingly plain looking gun for £7k. And I don’t mean tasteful plain, it looks unfinished. Surely they could at least do some mass production level engraving like you get on a Silver Pigeon?

I think Perazzi had a real dilemma wondering what to do new, about 5 years ago. None of it has been quite worthy of their great brand IMO, image wise.
is it any more bland than a DT10 ??

So maybe the plan is that the higher price makes the mxs more popular because it’s no longer described as “the cheap Perazzi”

is it any more bland than a DT10 ??
Finish on the DT10 is better though.  I like plain guns and quite like the black action mxs shown above.

ETA, wish my K80 had a plain black action, but as long as it's helping me hit targets I'm not massively bothered what it looks like.

The MXS is an "entry model Perazzi!  It should be retailed new at around £4000? Before all the experts piss up my back  they were  "available"on the continent 18 months ago for £2750  or the equivalent in Euros!,  It is not a MX8 action but a less expensive frame to produce! Yes they shoot well and are OK !

Perazzi has def lost the direction that it had with the old man.  I'm not sure where the Italian aesthetic got lost and that seems to be at the heart of all the recent complaints.   Fortunately for me I'm not burdened with making new gun choices.  The old ones that I have are more than adequate for my meager needs.  I can't afford the couple others I'd want and have recently been expending my gun lust on a Pioti that I just cannot justify buying.

so we all have our gun crosses to bear - what's new?

Let Gmk do there worst then...probably the wrong sort of cartridges ;)

Not sh*te but how do you defend a 2G price rise for a different finish unless it was underpriced in the first place?
Maybe they have been bought out by a Cartridge Manufacturer  ?

cant  justify the general price of perazzi  shotguns  , its a bit like fitasc   overrated and overpriced  !         tin hat on .     :cool:

I can see what your all saying. TBH I was underwelmed by the looks of the hi tec.

I actuall got to see one close up at the weekend.  The finish was perfect and the lines and proportions of it were very pleasing. 

The MXS I suspect also look better in the flesh as it were, than the pictures.

The additional £2k will I bet be due to the  £ being worth sod all now.

I can see what your all saying. TBH I was underwelmed by the looks of the hi tec.

I actuall got to see one close up at the weekend.  The finish was perfect and the lines and proportions of it were very pleasing. 

The MXS I suspect also look better in the flesh as it were, than the pictures.

The additional £2k will I bet be due to the  £ being worth sod all now.
Don't see how the Pound can effect the MXS price but not the High Tech or MX12?

Latest posts

Back