Blaser f3 stock weights

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bill.rosa

A year ago I lost the use of my right eye which meant I had to change to a left handed stock which I had made and fiitted to me but the stock weights were not placed back inside the gun now weighs seven And thee quarter pounds I have played around with the two stock weights but cannot see much fifference in the balance of the gun apart from placing the weights both at the rear of the stock I shoot the Blaser fairly well but just wondered whether I am losing out on a better balanced gun because of not having better weight positions in the stock I do not have a set of for end wieghts. Any help would be appreciated.

It makes sense to try and balance the gun over the pin, but it's not critical. It's not a bad reference, but the main handling characteristic for sporting comes from the weight of the barrels. They are the main moving part during a shot. (If game shooting or even serious Fitasc, then balancing the gun between the hands becomes more critical, as the gun-down mount is a big part of the movement).

My Blaser has two weights in the stock, admittedly to put the weight between the hands for FSP really. I have no forend weights fitted as I like a lighter barrel these days.

My advice would be to try some weights if you can borrow them, to put your mind at rest. Once it feels about right it's down to just using it plenty and getting used to it. There is no wrong or right.

7.75 lbs sounds oddly light though. Mine is about 8.4 lbs with not much weight added..

Last edited by a moderator:
One weight in the stock as far forward as possible for me,none on the barrel,just the standard briley extended chokes is enough weight up front imo.although i do have a fairly heavy recoil pad on the back end.

It sounds a bit light to me too. Is this a game version? Mine weighs pretty much the same as Will's, and I have the weights around 3/4 of the way aft.

When your say the weights were not put back inside does this mean you still have them? Is it a Blaser stock that has a suitable tunnel?

It makes sense to try and balance the gun over the pin, but it's not critical. It's not a bad reference, but the main handling characteristic for sporting comes from the weight of the barrels. They are the main moving part during a shot. (If game shooting or even serious Fitasc, then balancing the gun between the hands becomes more critical, as the gun-down mount is a big part of the movement).

My Blaser has two weights in the stock, admittedly to put the weight between the hands for FSP really. I have no forend weights fitted as I like a lighter barrel these days.

My advice would be to try some weights if you can borrow them, to put your mind at rest. Once it feels about right it's down to just using it plenty and getting used to it. There is no wrong or right.

7.75 lbs sounds oddly light though. Mine is about 8.4 lbs with not much weight added..
Sounds like another one for that 'skip' of yours Will  ?

The Blaser is a sporting f3 with French walnut left handed stock with the Blaser weight rod inside I do have the two Blaser wieghts and thanks to you good people I will now have a go shooting with the stock with the wieghts in.

Yes the stock has the Blaser rail inside and I have the two Blaser wieghts which were not put back in the new left handed French walnut stock made for me at Brook bank shooting so thanks to all you good people I will now have the confidence to start shooting with gun weighted.

Back