Rio Target Load

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diver682

Started using Rio Target Load a few months ago and have found them excellent for £193 a thousand , used the 7.5 at fitasc last week and they broke everything convincingly though a half choke

Any one else used them , how do you find them against other entry level cartridges  

I've been using them for years now. If they were a touch smoother on the shoulder they would score 10/10 from me. Patterns great, reliability incredible, distant kills no problem. 

No one selling them in the Sussex area so getting them from Just Cartridges , only other place i have seen them is High lodge at £190 

Been lucky never suffered with the effects of recoil 

Started using Rio Target Load a few months ago and have found them excellent for £193 a thousand , used the 7.5 at fitasc last week and they broke everything convincingly though a half choke

Any one else used them , how do you find them against other entry level cartridges  
Yes, i"ve found them to be good cartridge too. 

However NO cartrige at £193 a thoussnd is good value though. 

All carts prices now are far too high and offer little value  relative to prices in the past  15 years. 

Yes, i"ve found them to be good cartridge too. 

However NO cartrige at £193 a thoussnd is good value though. 

All carts prices now are far too high and offer little value  relative to prices in the past  15 years. 
There is not much choice left in the under £200 a thousand range, agree that the prices are to high but there is not much we can do about it

Don't think there is much out there as good as the rio for the same money 

Last edited by a moderator:
£174 from where I buy mine from although he told me they pack a punch so I was put off as I'm recoil sensitive I did however shoot some f3 pistons today and they were lovely abit more than I wanted to spend but rather that than been knocked about :smile:

Rios aren't bad for recoil! I'm talking imperfection.. they're far nicer than white golds or F Blacks in that respect for example. 

Last edited by a moderator:
There is not much choice left in the under £200 a thousand range, agree that the prices are to high but there is not much we can do about it

Don't think there is much out there as good as the rio for the same money 
It is lamentable the difference in price of cartridges from one country to the next. At Lonato I was using one of Clever's best cartridges for practice ( T4 pro extra at  €236 per thou) they were that cheap... and that was buying them at the ground  am certain you could get a better deal outside. In France I pay €292 and in Spain about an hours drive for me they are way cheaper than that.

Rios aren't bad! I'm talking imperfection.. they're far nicer than white golds or F Blacks for example. 
Rio's in my opinion are as good a cartridge as most shooters will need. What I am in fact saying is that more than 90% of shooters could not tell the difference between a Rio  target load and the very best cartridge available on the market. I don't use them but I have and in direct comparison to Clever T4 pro extra ... although I tried my best I could not improve my scores using the much more expensive cartridge, recoil ... there are some sensitive souls out there.

Tried some fibre 7.5's to day. Seemed to be OK. Might even try some in plastic for competition at a later date.

Just bought 3000 rio target 28g 8 fibre. Seem to be ok . Used a 100 Wed. Nice and clean , had been using superfast dirty. So happy . Didnt help my aim any.

Cheers Danny 

Rio were very popular in the 1980s,Duran Duran really helped to boost sales back in the day.Simon le bon wouldn't use any other cartridge out at sea.

No doubt at all that Rio Target Load are a very good value for money shell.

But surely they are identical to Eley Olympics ????  Same manufacturer Maxum.

Back