Webley and Scott 700.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cockney21

Had a moment of madness at Holts auction yesterday and ended up with a Webley and Scott 700 SxS.

Bought it as a bit of a project for my son. Last of the English mass produced guns and in great condition with what looks like very little use over the years and even comes with a period Brady leather case which is also like new.

While it may be plain in looks it does look well made and more than capable of taking modern loads compared to most older SxS.

Plan is to refinish the stock and fit a leather covered recoil pad.

Strip and clean the internals. Then re black the furniture, blue the pins and re varnish the action which still has a good amount of case hardening.

The barrels will be re blacked.

Probably come out better than new...and a nice little project, and from the serial number it was made in the same year/month as I was born.

Anyone else owned one over the years?

bloody ell it was made in the 30s wow ?

worthless.gif

I can NOT for the life of me imagine what the hell PORK has to do with it................................Ooops,  should have gone to Specsavers !

I know where there is a mint condition 26" 700 and Brady case for very good money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps if we have the Holt's Lot Number we can work from that?

I have never owned one, but I have handles and shot a few. I keep being tempted at auctions, just like the OP. They were excellent boxlocks, and comprehensively outshine the AYA range which was much cheaper. Webley & Scott had a long and illustrious history. Your 700 is not to be confused with inferior models made later and sold under the W&S banner.

I'll get some better pics and try to do some before and after.

Does seem like Holts sell the better stuff in the sale room and the not so good goes to sealed bid auction. I'm sure bargains are to be had with sealed bid but very much the case of taking a very good look before making an offer. 

20170921_221838[1].jpg

Latest posts

Back