What Fiocchi?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barney

I would like to try some different carts as I have been shooting the same one for a while since starting clays and I want to see if the grass is greener,get bored,want those extra magical hits :D . I tried some tt1s 28g but found those too thumpy I dropped to a 24g load since then. I have had a kickeeze pad fitted also. Now a supplier buy me stocks all fiocchi/ clever mirage so I wanted to try a better version in a 28g again. How do fblacks compare people say they are quite punchy and tight patterning f3 piston? Or maybe a 24g equivalent again something that is smooth and won't break my shoulder I feel I should be shooting a 28g load over a 24g but I've been told a good 24 is as equally good (opening up a can of worms)

kind regards

tom

I find both fblu and fblacks smoother than the TT1 . After shooting all 3 lately I've settled on fblu in 28 grm plas wad. If your set on 24grm why not try fblu in 24grm. Should be very good. 

Jasper

I would like to try some different carts as I have been shooting the same one for a while since starting clays and I want to see if the grass is greener,get bored,want those extra magical hits :D . I tried some tt1s 28g but found those too thumpy I dropped to a 24g load since then. I have had a kickeeze pad fitted also. Now a supplier buy me stocks all fiocchi/ clever mirage so I wanted to try a better version in a 28g again. How do fblacks compare people say they are quite punchy and tight patterning f3 piston? Or maybe a 24g equivalent again something that is smooth and won't break my shoulder I feel I should be shooting a 28g load over a 24g but I've been told a good 24 is as equally good (opening up a can of worms)

kind regards

tom
I don't find the TT1 or the Fblacks punchy but Will will tell you I am odd.  24g will do just fine if you like them.

I was hoping to try and find a smooth 28 that didn't feel much diff to the 24s I'm shooting but I do realise recoil is a personal thing.

Hull Comp X 28g plastic are really recoil friendly (and cheap). I've got a few left over that you can try next time at at Longridge.

Can't do this Sat as have to go to a wedding in Wokingham. The mrs saw me googling shooting grounds near the wedding and has banned me from taking the gun!

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the Fblacks , dont find them thumpy at all to be honest . im not a fan of the standard F3 (red colour) at all , although im not really sure why . the F3 piston (blue colour) is a very nice cartridge though

you said he sells clever too

Clever are excellent  . Clever T3 Grand italias are my cartridge of choice . super smooth and great breaks . T4 pro extra are great too but pricey

even the Standard T2 Mirage is a nice low recoil cartridge 

I know you’ve said that you’d trying Fiochi - I would recommend you try some Cheddite Trap Oro’s  :thumbsup:

Hull Comp X 28g plastic are really recoil friendly (and cheap). I've got a few left over that you can try next time at at Longridge.

Can't do this Sat as have to go to a wedding in Wokingham. The mrs saw me googling shooting grounds near the wedding and has banned me from taking the gun!
Thanks Tom yeah I'll deffo try a few i would take the gun mate, got to be done then go and hide at the bar at the wedding?

Again. I really don"t get this too thumpy thing.  Yes some are a bit sharper than others but never a show stopper or make me think.. oohh I need to drop to a lower shot weight. Even when I was 13 amd under 5' tall.

Obviously if somebody has an injury or condition that may be made worse by shooting 28g then Ivget it. But when a normally heathy bod says "I use these  21g  because  24 or 28g kick " it just makes me think. Either hold the gun properly or grow a pair. 

Just my thoughts.  Lifes complicated enough. 

Consistant and breals them well is all I want.

F3 Piston...............not tight patterning or punchy, just a fantastic shell. Unfortunately, they are now around £221 but cheap compared to Hulls alternative at £257 ?

Barney, please try a slab and report back! :clover:   

Thanks Simbo I think I'm going to try 24g and 28g fblacks f3 piston and clever mirage t2 competition 

Thanks Simbo I think I'm going to try 24g and 28g fblacks f3 piston and clever mirage t2 competition 
all excellent cartridges. the clever equivelent of the FBlack and F3 piston is the T3 grand italia though. the T2 is their standard cartridge along the lines of the Fiocchi TT1 although the T2 is still a good cartridge 

T3s are abit too pricey for me
u wont go worng either way the F-Blacks still hold my highest scores . great cartridge .

The F3 Piston is a true all rounder . great for any dicipline 

and the Clever T2 are reasonably priced and smooth 

out of curiosity whats the price of these over with you . over here in ireland at my local dealer (price in euros)

F Blacks are €240 per thousand (approx £212)

F3 Piston are €240 per thousand (approx £212)

Clever T2 are €220 per thousand (approx £194)

Clever T3 are €245 per thousand (approx £216)

u wont go worng either way the F-Blacks still hold my highest scores . great cartridge .

The F3 Piston is a true all rounder . great for any dicipline 

and the Clever T2 are reasonably priced and smooth 

out of curiosity whats the price of these over with you . over here in ireland at my local dealer (price in euros)

F Blacks are €240 per thousand (approx £212)

F3 Piston are €240 per thousand (approx £212)

Clever T2 are €220 per thousand (approx £194)

Clever T3 are €245 per thousand (approx £216)
Good price on the t3! Fblacks £214 piston £218 T2 £216 T3 £248

holy crap thats an insane price on the T3 . the T4 arent even that over here . ya i can understand why you dont want to pay that for them 

You could try Gamebore velocity 28g or cheddite universal trap 24g, these were good for me, I used them with my beretta ultralight 

Back