Cartridge T numbers

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davy_B

you see cartridges referred to as T1 / T2 / T3 / T4 / T5 etc but what does this actually mean mainly see it on italian brands of cartridges such as Cheddite , Bournaghi, RC and Clever . physically the only difference i see is the height of the brass but what is the actual difference 

Last edited by a moderator:
ya i knew that was just wondering if there was actually a Physical requirement to be met for each T number 

ya i knew that was just wondering if there was actually a Physical requirement to be met for each T number 
cartridge manufacturers tell us anything  and the gullible ones among us  pay the price !    only a few components used  to make a cartridge  but prices vary massively .     

cartridge manufacturers tell us anything  and the gullible ones among us  pay the price !    only a few components used  to make a cartridge  but prices vary massively .     
I had some T-0s today.....yep nuffin in em ?

Just to confuse, one Italian manufacturer make a .......................TT model. I was led to believe they are lower on recoil, as in *** Tickler';s  !

Just as a slight aside, I shot the first of a slab of Eley Select 28 gram plastics today, only used around 90 BUT it took 20 minutes longer to get my barrels clean afterwards. I do not think I will be getting any more. I would sooner pay the slightly dearer cost and get my favoured Cheddites.

According to the height of the metallic base of the case or cartridge, the gauge types are:

Type 1= 8mm

Type 2= 12mm

Type 3= 16mm

Type 4= 22mm

Type 5= 27mm

P.S. The higher the T the better ingredients - powder, shot hardness, wad...

Just as a slight aside, I shot the first of a slab of Eley Select 28 gram plastics today, only used around 90 BUT it took 20 minutes longer to get my barrels clean afterwards. I do not think I will be getting any more. I would sooner pay the slightly dearer cost and get my favoured Cheddites.
I have tried a few eley cartridges and they all have been very dirty, I wouldn't buy more either..

Back