Shanghaied into a team

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarsJ

Evening Ladies and Gents. 

As stated in my introduction post I have been shooting not that many rounds of OT. (Started this August and hovering around 15 every time, best is 18. Done 12 rounds in all, actually that's all my shotgun experience). 

Well anyhow I'm shanghaied into a team for the weekend. (we shoot in teams of 3, and the combined score counts. Normal OT shoot 75 day one and 50 day 2.) They were a man short on a team in the club, so I was asked. I must have looked very baffled when they asked me, and I said are you taking the pi**? Apperently they want to shoot, and it means we can have full squads for the competition (Danish nationals for teams) 

I take it as good practice, only have to pay for the shells, but mainly getting the whole mental part of being in a competitive environment. And getting the whole rythm of a full day shooting.

The only things that get my knickers in a twist is I know I have to ref at some point. I know they rules (I read and understood the ISSF rules before my first round). Normally I'm not afraid to enforce what I see, believe. What winds me up it's the Danish nationals, so I will be shooting with a lot of my future competitors, I hope (Danish OT is a very small community). But in this instance it is a bit off putting the thought of bad blood, before I even are at the level where it's justified. Don't get me wrong, the rules are rules and have to enforced.  Everyone says the atmosphere is relaxed and all.. But still. 

Anyhow tomorrow and Sunday  I'll go have fun, clays are paid for and I'll try to improve my average score. And hopefully learn loads.. 

Lars 

Enjoy the day for what it is.

Strangely enough the English OT has quite a small following too !

Latest posts

Back