EJ Churchill ESP Reg 7.9.17

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Need to go and have a look at a project I'm involved within Banbury sometime this week.  I may combine the trip with a visit to EJC on Thursday as it is most of the way there.

Looks like I'll be there 1.30 ish, due to my wife (busy in the morning) suddenly announcing she's coming! Lookout!

Hoping to get to Banbury before 9, sort out what I need to do there by around 10 and then be back to EJC by around 11.  Sounds like you won't be able to give me any tips on what I'm getting wrong this time Will.  I'll have to look out for you when I'm next at Horne instead.

Hoping to get to Banbury before 9, sort out what I need to do there by around 10 and then be back to EJC by around 11.  Sounds like you won't be able to give me any tips on what I'm getting wrong this time Will.  I'll have to look out for you when I'm next at Horne instead.
Actually, it's all gone random.. might be there earlier now! Hopefully see you.

Did MrsH enjoy her day, the two ladies one saw shooting in the morning did not look to be having much fun 
Thanks for asking Rich. She did actually. She has been shooting for 15 years, but only a few times per year, but always shows promise. Now kids are older she wants to do some more. She shot 58, as she did at Owls recently and both were tricky shoots, so she should be encouraged. Yes we spoke to the two younger ladies and they were getting a bit beaten up.

Just been having a look at the scores on this.  I thought it was just 6 and 8 that were really tough, but it looks like a surprising number of people didn't like 3 or 9 very much either. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just been having a look at the scores on this.  I thought it was just 6 and 8 that were really tough, but it looks like a surprising number of people didn't like 3 or 9 very much either. 
Me being one that 3 & 9 caused grief too ? 6 & 8 I "halved" in golf terms which was pleasing ?at the time 

Was it both birds on those two stands that troubled you?
Indeed, st3 those edgy coloured clays ? As for 9 I was too slow on the crosser and too stubborn to change my approach to the incomer, will admit anything low incoming (st 6 report also) is a bogey for me

I dropped two of the incomers on 3.  It was better not to leave it too late, track it on the clay and pretty much straight at it.  The report bird only needed a little lead and again, best not left very late when it was dropping.

On 9, I treated the crosser like a low house skeet target from the centre stand, but gave it slightly less lead than I would have done if it had been the skeet low house target.  The report bird I treated exactly the same as the first bird on Stand 2 - pull through while it is still a little in front of you and fire (missed the first one dithering about on it).

Can't help you on Stand 6, couldn't hit either of the bloody things.

Latest posts

Back