Browning disappointment

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHAWY

Three months ago I bought a stunning looking Browning B725 Grade 3 Hunter. It was more than I had hoped to pay but it was such a beautiful gun and fit me perfectly. First time out and it jammed appropriately 2 dozen times on the second barrel shot. It wasn't a misfire as it just felt as though the safety had engaged. It was returned to Browning and sent back to me within the week.  On opening the box I saw that they had split the fore end!!  Again it was retuned and it came back to me with a nice bit of matching timber fore end.  Next time out it shot like a dream. Time after, second barrel jammed constantly again. I was naturally gutted. Fortunately I had bought it from a fabulous dealer who, after some discussion, we decided I look for something else. I had lost faith and confidence in both that gun an also Browning as a manufacturer.  I bought a Beretta 690 Field III (pics below) and does fit me well.  I was just interested to see if anyone else has had problems with the B725 Hunter Grade 3.  I accept there are bad ones in any brand, a bit like the Friday car (I had a Range Rover that was just that!!) but it really does knock the stuffing out of you.  I may have problems with my new gun........ hopefully not.

a.jpg

a1.jpg

b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
bad news regarding browning   its all about customer care / service ,  must say I've had many brownings over the years   with no problems !    however your new gun looks the business   hope all goes well .   

bad news regarding browning   its all about customer care / service ,  must say I've had many brownings over the years   with no problems !    however your new gun looks the business   hope all goes well .   
Thanks for your reply Dr Lecter.  I know folk will have had problems with Beretta, Miroku etc..  It happens with any manufacturer, but having just returned to the sport, it was a bit galling to say the least.  The good thing is that I bought from an amazing family-run dealer (Malmo) who couldn't do enough to get me sorted with another gun.  I am due some luck now!

The problem is that most guns are mass produced from machine made parts. This is no bad thing, but with the tight tolerances of modern machining it only takes a couple of parts to be slightly out of spec to cause an issue, especially when the action gets hot. If every gun was test fired and regulated by someone at the bench the price would have to go up, so they leave the customer to do the testing and then regulate it if it comes back faulty!

Quick resolution is a true mark of a good company. With the number of gunsmiths falling in this country returning to the importer or factory is really the only option for the shop. I've had  several Brownings/Miroku in the past with no issues.

Good luck with the new gun.

The problem is that most guns are mass produced from machine made parts. This is no bad thing, but with the tight tolerances of modern machining it only takes a couple of parts to be slightly out of spec to cause an issue, especially when the action gets hot. If every gun was test fired and regulated by someone at the bench the price would have to go up, so they leave the customer to do the testing and then regulate it if it comes back faulty!

Quick resolution is a true mark of a good company. With the number of gunsmiths falling in this country returning to the importer or factory is really the only option for the shop. I've had  several Brownings/Miroku in the past with no issues.

Good luck with the new gun.
Thanks Cockney. Makes perfect sense ??

Hi Shawy just seen this post. I had exactly the same problem with a 725 Pro Trap earlier this year. However after sending it back to Browning to be sorted it has performed perfectly ever since. Apparently it is quite a common problem with 725's, a sticking safety sear or something like that. Good luck with the Beretta.    

I have heard of a problem with the 725 action in America and it is an easy fix, but this was sorted out with the 725 mk2. There are very often a few unforeseen niggles with a new design. 

put over a thousand through mine since i bought it end of June. Not missed a beat.

S2 725 sporter.

Latest posts

Back