Sign in to follow this  
Maria_H

Eye level shooting glasses

Maria_H

Bought my first pair of shooting glasses with removable prescription inserts, I get my inserts tomorrow from a local optician. I haven't spent a lot as I wanted to see if I can shoot in them first. I've only been wearing glasss for the last 2 years. 

unsure of what colour to use, they come with vermillion, sodium yellow, brown and silver with mirror tint. I bought these as I also do quite a bit of fishing so want one set I can use for both.

What does everyone prefer  Thanks

maria

IMG_2017.JPG

Davy_B

vermilion and yellow are 2 of the most popular shooting glasses tints . its mainly down to personal preference . i started with yellow then vermilion and now ive settled on light purple as my main colour of choice . i too wear prescription glasses but i dont use inserts i got a pair of the zeiss style shooting glasses and got prescription coloured lenses , heres a chart that might help you chose what colour might suit you 

im_zeiss-block.jpg

• Like 1

Oldblaster

I looked on the internet and found a lot of information on lens tint, did the colour blindness test and found vermillion best for me. But l don't always wear them on every stand, depends on light conditions, but they definately help. 

• Like 1

Maria_H

Got the lenses fitted today, there a lot clearer than my regular lenses in my everyday glasses

cant wait to give them ago and see they which colour the works for me ?

• Like 1

Ronnie M. Perez

Well, Sunglasses are the  essential accessories to wear while shooting, as it protects your eyes from harmful rays also from injuries occur during shooting. As my father is gun shooter, So I bought prescription wholesale sunglasses from some useful site for him. He wears sunglasses from last 5 years, So he is comfortable with prescription glasses.

Westward

Whether or not eyes need protection from harmful rays is arguable but ordinary sunglasses such as you're suggesting do not offer sufficient protection from stray pellets or chunks of clay. IMO High impact shooting glasses are vital for eye safety.

I've been hit on the lens by a stray pellet once and on another occasion my glasses saved me from a piece of clay large enough and fast enough to have destroyed my right eye. The glasses were ruined but I still have the eye.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

salop sniper

Maria, I did exactly the same as you and they work well. I could`t justify the cost of Pilla etc with prescriptions etc.

How ever I think am going to bite the bullet and go to Ed Lyons and see what he says in March. I have an FAC air rifle that doesn't get used so I plan to sell it and put the money towards shooting glasses that I will actually wear and use !

ATB

Matt

• Like 2

Maxum
On 08/02/2018 at 12:17 PM, salop sniper said:

Maria, I did exactly the same as you and they work well. I could`t justify the cost of Pilla etc with prescriptions etc.

How ever I think am going to bite the bullet and go to Ed Lyons and see what he says in March. I have an FAC air rifle that doesn't get used so I plan to sell it and put the money towards shooting glasses that I will actually wear and use !

ATB

Matt

Ed is the man you can trust. Well worth a visit. 

• Thanks 1