Blaser vantage and supersport reviews

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonny English

Morning all,

I'm looking into the viability of a blaser vantage monte carlo adjustable or the supersport. Has any one got any personal reviews or experiences of these guns?

Thanks in advance, Martin

Morning all,

I'm looking into the viability of a blaser vantage monte carlo adjustable or the supersport. Has any one got any personal reviews or experiences of these guns?

Thanks in advance, Martin
I have the Supersport, what would you like to know?

I have the Supersport, what would you like to know?
Just a general overview really:

Are they reliable?

Are they worth the price tag?

Is the back up good?

Any problems or niggles?

Do the barrels rust or discolour as some people suggest?

Do they handle well?

Do they hold their value?

I remember the vantage being released and announcing 8 members of team blaser. Then a few months later several members of the team jumped ship to Krieghoffs, just wondered why, if anyone knows.

Been looking at a more heads up position, I'm almost 38 and already suffering with a stiff neck. I looked at the Caesars but with out offending the people on here that have them, the quality seemed poor, the new ones were fine, but the shop showed me an invictus that had shot 10,000 rounds and it was worse that a Miroku that had done over 100,000 rounds.

I too have the boring ordinary one. If it got stolen or lost or abducted by aliens I would be straight round to the dealer for exactly the same again.

^^ Couldn't have put it better myself. Mine's also a flat rib F3; weighs 8lb 3oz, handles and swings beautifully. Fits me like a glove, and I'd buy another in an instant. Beautifully made & the modern clean minimalist looks are my cup of tea.

To the OP I'd also recommend Ian Mulliner for servicing and purchasing http://www.mulliners.co.uk. Mine was a several year old used model and I took it to him for a full update & service. He knows these guns inside out and is very thorough.

Only negative i've had with mine revolves around certain brands of cheap cartridge. I've had occasional pierced primers with entry level Cheddites & Fiocchis (firing pins are new), and the Fiochhis also occasionally get stuck and don't eject cleanly. The chambers seem to be made to very close tolerances and I believe the problem is caused when I get a cart with a case or head that's slightly out of spec.

I've never yet had an issue with any higher level offerings from any brand, e.g. Olympic Blues, F3s, Pro Ones etc.

hth

Last edited by a moderator:
Are they reliable?

Are they worth the price tag?

Is the back up good?

Any problems or niggles?

Do the barrels rust or discolour as some people suggest?

Do they handle well?

Do they hold their value?
I ran an F3 SS for 2 years with no issues at all.

I think they are a superbly engineered gun for the money.

Never had any issues with the F3, but when I had a couple of niggles with the F16, Blaser support was excellent.

Nope

Nope

Excellent balance on mine 30" SS.

They seem to be holding their value about as you would expect, pretty strong residuals if you look after them.

I would refer you to my review of the vantage but I assume you have already watched it.

I don't own one, but have shot a few times with a Blaser F3 Vantage (30" & 32" barrels).

Balance of both was really nice and fit & finish were perfect.

I'm not a fan of high ribs, but for some reason I liked the Vantage.

Never heard any of my friends about reliability problems with their Blaser F3.

Sorry for the delay, been crazy at work today and ended up working through lunch when I intended to reply.

Are they reliable - I'd estimate that I've put over 35000 cartridges through mine over the last 2.5 years and never had an issue, someone previously said that cheaper cartridges were an issue but I've only ever shot Gamebore Velocity+, DTL Elite, EJC Hellfire, Black Gold game plus a few odds and sods and never had pierced primers.  The ejectors are fantastic, shoot empties miles.

Are they worth the price tag - for me yes, I shoot it very well and there has been the odd thought of switching to a K which has been quickly dismissed as I'd only end up setting it up to shoot the same as the F3.

Is the back up good - they come with a ten-year warranty from new.  Touch wood mine has been fine.

Any problems or niggles - just go careful with the barrel weights as they can come loose, just worth checking each time when you've finished shooting.

Do the barrels rust or discolour as some people suggest - I've not got any rust on mine, I generally give all the metalwork a wipe over with an oily rag most times I use it, every time if it's been raining.

Do they handle well - very well, the benefit of having the stock & barrel weights is that you can set it up to how you want it.

Do they hold their value - I don't think they hold their value as well as others but depends if you sell privately or use it as part exchange or straight sale to a gun shop.

Thank you for all the responses folks, that's just what I was looking for. Looks like they carry a superb reputation. Hoping  to get a try with one at a coming open day, just got to give one a try to make sure it cures my problems before diving in. They are a hefty investment so not to be taken lightly.

Thanks again for all the detailed responses, it's most appreciated.

Regards Martin

Well was left a little disappointed today. Blaser were attending the Orston open day and advertised having vantages and supersports as well as the F16 etc there as try guns. Unfortunately they weren't taking the monte carlo vantage, which was the one model I was most interested in, so didn't make the trip give one a try. May have to give premier guns a try to see if they have a demo gun, just a pity we're 2 hours away from them when Orston was a lot closer.

I shoot a left handed Vantage with a Monte Carlo stock, it's a great gun. Call Matt at Premier Guns, he's very helpful. You're welcome to try mine if you're at Sporting Targets or Northampton.

Mark

I shoot a left handed Vantage with a Monte Carlo stock, it's a great gun. Call Matt at Premier Guns, he's very helpful. You're welcome to try mine if you're at Sporting Targets or Northampton.

Mark
Thank you for the very kind offer, unfortunately I'm 2 to 2 1\2 hrs away from both. We visit sporting targets once a year for the Jack Pyke, I have 100 carts and £40 to pick up from the Jack Pyke but it'll have to wait there till I go back next year.

Thanks again for the offer, will have to try and find time to get over to premiers.

I've a mate who bought a new Supersport, there was a problem when using Cheditte  cartridges, the gun would not open after being fired. The cartridge was actually being jammed under the plate where you get to the firing pins, making it very difficult to open, it went to Mulliners courtesy of Malmos and came back with a thinner plate fitted. Another mate has a standard F3 and hers does not like Fiochhi cartridges. Her gun will be updated too shortly.

Latest posts

Back