world FU at Megeve

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwpzx9r

Great start for young Harry Sinclair with a straight ! Well done ! Only need the old man to follow that up :)

edit nice 24 from Greg too !

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done harry.Looks like a lovely area on the pics ive seen,but why the wall infront of the layouts?

Well done harry.Looks like a lovely area on the pics ive seen,but why the wall infront of the layouts?
Of what I have been told by the shooters down here the ground is not really up to scratch for a major championship to be held... that is what I am told. The ground is, apparently, on the side of a very steep hill and access to the stands is, allegedly, challenging . The walls are probably to stop the layout careering down the hillside ? I know a lot of shooters who just said nope not going there end of. When you talk about the area and the region though it is really superb mountains, lakes you name it day trip to Italy or Switzerland. A bit pricey as I remember it but hey its a holiday !  

Only the French could call it FU.

tumblr_inline_o2dobowqbg1tb8jun_1280.jpg

Fosse Universal translates Trench Universal... its not rocket science. But then when you go out to get your car from the "garage" do you find yourself saying only the French could call a garage a garage  or what about that F'n  cafetiere or all the other French words you use daily but don't stop to think hey those Frenchies are at it again giving us our vocabulary. Incidentally the Italians call it FU too :)  

Fosse Universal translates Trench Universal... its not rocket science. But then when you go out to get your car from the "garage" do you find yourself saying only the French could call a garage a garage  or what about that F'n  cafetiere or all the other French words you use daily but don't stop to think hey those Frenchies are at it again giving us our vocabulary. Incidentally the Italians call it FU too :)  
Have you had a bad day old chap?

Have you had a bad day old chap?
Not at all old bean :)  had a great day 30+C and now as the sun goes down a few glasses of nice wine listening to England dish up a hammering to the West Indies what's not to like about that?

Not at all old bean :)  had a great day 30+C and now as the sun goes down a few glasses of nice wine listening to England dish up a hammering to the West Indies what's not to like about that?
Are you English or French? Just wondering why the interest in the English hammering the West Indies.

john is Scottish mate, bloody foreigners ?

If Scotland is so fantastic why are there so many jocks in England ?  ( just wondering )

Flaimin heck.  Even more of a mystery in the interest in English Cricket. 
Always loved cricket back in the school days it was footy in winter and cricket in the summer... we used to play our own make believe test match's ... you do know that an England side was captained by a Scot... Mike Denness he was quite a useful man with the bat averaged nearly 40 in his 28 test matches.

My, if you will, gripe about British people poo hoo'ing foreign languages is that people do not stop to think how much of the vocabulary they use in their daily lives is in fact drawn from foreign, particularly French, languages .

If Scotland is so fantastic why are there so many jocks in England ?  ( just wondering )
The brains trust is calling you bud.

My, if you will, gripe about British people poo hoo'ing foreign languages is that people do not stop to think how much of the vocabulary they use in their daily lives is in fact drawn from foreign, particularly French, languages .
Who's griping about the use of languages?  

Somebody asked the simple question about what FU meant and there was a bit of light hearted joking about the other possible meanings of FU and the interest in Cricket. 

Will be in France next week and be using as much French as I can muster. If I meet a Shooter no doubt I will use the words Parcours, Ball Trap & Foss Universal when speaking to my french cousins. 

However here in Blighty, IPS for example just stares with his mouth open if words not common in the UK are used.

Latest posts

Back