Shootclay shoot?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Hewland

Just a thought folks..

What about a shootclay shoot? I'm not representing the Shootclay name! Just asking the members who spend time chatting on here if they fancy getting together. And now that Darkside is banned, it should be a nice event. ?

Obviously there was once a shootclay event (3 years ago?) it didn't go a second year, for reasons of sponsorship I think? But many of us felt it was more about fun and meeting up than big prizes?

I'm thinking maybe a 100 bird esp shoot with BBQ or similar. A chance for people on here to meet up and have a good shoot.  Obviously I'm an ambassador for EJ Churchill, but that's for a reason.. it's an excellent ground with great facilities and it's accessible for many being central south of midlands.  I'm just asking who / how many might be interested. I'm sure EJC would put up some prizes for categories. Let me know, I'll see what I can do if there is interest. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Bloody southerners! 

Put it at somewhere like Oakedge ( A lot of the mob from dahn sarf have discovered that it's a fabulous ground )  Not sure if West midlands could do it but that's a cracking ground too.

I was at Shootclay 1, it was a bloody good day but I think it put Matt through the wringer!

Would we do a purely sporting event or would there be some additional disciplines included as well? 

I wasnt shooting when the last Shootclay event was held so not sure what it consisted of.

Bloody southerners! 

Put it at somewhere like Oakedge ( A lot of the mob from dahn sarf have discovered that it's a fabulous ground )  Not sure if West midlands could do it but that's a cracking ground too.

I was at Shootclay 1, it was a bloody good day but I think it put Matt through the wringer!
Oakedge is a regular ground for me so if that was a possibility I'd be happy to have an exploratory chat with the folks there. 

Would we do a purely sporting event or would there be some additional disciplines included as well? 

I wasnt shooting when the last Shootclay event was held so not sure what it consisted of.
Last time it was 100 ESP but we have talked before about having a few disciplines involved.

Oakedge is a regular ground for me so if that was a possibility I'd be happy to have an exploratory chat with the folks there. 
Yes a north and a south one. Why not!

Maybe ESP and a STR pool shoot.. I'll discuss..

depends when and were but in principle yep ?

ps

didn't know dark side was banned, thought he had gone quiet

That is few junctions down from me so I would be interested, provided that I get my gun by then , as im still shopping around :D

F

Oakedge is totally impractical as a venue .

More than 70 minutes from Wycombe , only £35 per hundred clays and the targets can be difficult to hit .

I think if we are needing to get ripped off we should go to Ian Coleys, not enough room to swing a cat around , so Kitty is safe , poor targets so that Will and Steve Lovatt stand a chance of hitting a few , and expensive coffeee , plus I won't be there , what more can you want. :lol: :lol:

Oakedge is totally impractical as a venue .

More than 70 minutes from Wycombe , only £35 per hundred clays and the targets can be difficult to hit .

I think if we are needing to get ripped off we should go to Ian Coleys, not enough room to swing a cat around , so Kitty is safe , poor targets so that Will and Steve Lovatt stand a chance of hitting a few , and expensive coffeee , plus I won't be there , what more can you want. :lol: :lol:
Are Ian Coleys really that bad? Im having my lessons with them...

Back