Will Hewland

Shootclay shoot?

Will Hewland

Just a thought folks..

What about a shootclay shoot? I'm not representing the Shootclay name! Just asking the members who spend time chatting on here if they fancy getting together. And now that Darkside is banned, it should be a nice event. ūü§£

Obviously there was once a shootclay event (3 years ago?) it didn't go a second year, for reasons of sponsorship I think? But many of us felt it was more about fun and meeting up than big prizes?

I'm thinking maybe a 100 bird esp shoot with BBQ or similar. A chance for people on here to meet up and have a good shoot.  Obviously I'm an ambassador for EJ Churchill, but that's for a reason.. it's an excellent ground with great facilities and it's accessible for many being central south of midlands.  I'm just asking who / how many might be interested. I'm sure EJC would put up some prizes for categories. Let me know, I'll see what I can do if there is interest. 

• Like 6

chippy

I could probably find my way to Churchill's

• Like 1

Iggy

Sounds good to me!

Sian

I'm in

Rupert

Too far south

• Like 4

Bebo

Any excuse for a trip to EJC.

Nimbusgb

Bloody southerners! 

Put it at somewhere like Oakedge ( A lot of the mob from dahn sarf have discovered that it's a fabulous ground )  Not sure if West midlands could do it but that's a cracking ground too.

I was at Shootclay 1, it was a bloody good day but I think it put Matt through the wringer!

• Like 2

Doug Pinnegar

Count me in ūüĎć

schmokinn

Sounds good to me:smile:

Doug Pinnegar

Would we do a purely sporting event or would there be some additional disciplines included as well? 

I wasnt shooting when the last Shootclay event was held so not sure what it consisted of.

Iggy
2 hours ago, Nimbusgb said:

Bloody southerners! 

Put it at somewhere like Oakedge ( A lot of the mob from dahn sarf have discovered that it's a fabulous ground )  Not sure if West midlands could do it but that's a cracking ground too.

I was at Shootclay 1, it was a bloody good day but I think it put Matt through the wringer!

Oakedge is a regular ground for me so if that was a possibility I'd be happy to have an exploratory chat with the folks there. 

Sian
11 minutes ago, Doug Pinnegar said:

Would we do a purely sporting event or would there be some additional disciplines included as well? 

I wasnt shooting when the last Shootclay event was held so not sure what it consisted of.

Last time it was 100 ESP but we have talked before about having a few disciplines involved.

Will Hewland
17 minutes ago, Iggy said:

Oakedge is a regular ground for me so if that was a possibility I'd be happy to have an exploratory chat with the folks there. 

Yes a north and a south one. Why not!

28 minutes ago, Doug Pinnegar said:

Maybe ESP and a STR pool shoot.. I'll discuss..

• Like 1

ips

depends when and were but in principle yep ūüĎć

ps

didn't know dark side was banned, thought he had gone quiet

• Like 1

Filski

That is few junctions down from me so I would be interested, provided that I get my gun by then , as im still shopping around :D

F

Salopian

Oakedge is totally impractical as a venue .

More than 70 minutes from Wycombe , only £35 per hundred clays and the targets can be difficult to hit .

I think if we are needing to get ripped off we should go to Ian Coleys, not enough room to swing a cat around , so Kitty is safe , poor targets so that Will and Steve Lovatt stand a chance of hitting a few , and expensive coffeee , plus I won't be there , what more can you want.:lol::lol:

• Like 3

sibaldib

Yes, I'd be up for it, Will.

• Like 1

Filski
2 hours ago, Salopian said:

Oakedge is totally impractical as a venue .

More than 70 minutes from Wycombe , only £35 per hundred clays and the targets can be difficult to hit .

I think if we are needing to get ripped off we should go to Ian Coleys, not enough room to swing a cat around , so Kitty is safe , poor targets so that Will and Steve Lovatt stand a chance of hitting a few , and expensive coffeee , plus I won't be there , what more can you want.:lol::lol:

Are Ian Coleys really that bad? Im having my lessons with them...

Will Hewland
44 minutes ago, Filski said:

No, Salopian is really that bad. ūüėÄ

• Like 2

MDP
17 hours ago, Will Hewland said:

Just a thought folks..

What about a shootclay shoot? I'm not representing the Shootclay name! Just asking the members who spend time chatting on here if they fancy getting together. And now that Darkside is banned, it should be a nice event. ūü§£

Obviously there was once a shootclay event (3 years ago?) it didn't go a second year, for reasons of sponsorship I think? But many of us felt it was more about fun and meeting up than big prizes?

I'm thinking maybe a 100 bird esp shoot with BBQ or similar. A chance for people on here to meet up and have a good shoot.  Obviously I'm an ambassador for EJ Churchill, but that's for a reason.. it's an excellent ground with great facilities and it's accessible for many being central south of midlands.  I'm just asking who / how many might be interested. I'm sure EJC would put up some prizes for categories. Let me know, I'll see what I can do if there is interest. 

Me and young Harry would be keen...

• Like 1

Will Hewland

With a bit of notice, would a weekday work for people? I suspect it's easier to get a decent deal mon-fri. 

• Like 3

Salopian

Sadly , I do think that Ian Coley's is that bad .

Will, how can you differentiate between Monday to Friday and Work?

Edited by Salopian

AW13

I'd llike to attend if possible. Any day of the week is generally good for me.  Oh... as long as a semi is allowed?

• Like 1

Worcs
3 hours ago, Filski said:

I like the ground but in my opinion it's very overpriced for practice. Also, it gets my back up that they have their registered dates on a week day so that they can keep the riff-raff that work for a living from attending.

Edited by Worcs
  • Like 2

Will Hewland
1 hour ago, Salopian said:

Sadly , I do think that Ian Coley's is that bad .

Will, how can you differentiate between Monday to Friday and Work?

Well I struggle.. but must see how it lies with good hard working folk on here.