Ascent comb height?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonny English

Hello all.

Are there any Caesar Guerini ascent owners that could tell me how high the comb is on the summit or invictus ascent from the top of the butt at all please? Also height from the rib would be handy if anyone knows it?

Thanks in advance.

Martin

If you go on the CG website it has all the info you need, then some.

If you go on the CG website it has all the info you need, then some.
I must looking in the wrong place, all I could find on the spec sheets on the Italian and UK website was DTS for drop at comb, which is their adjustable stock system. I'll have to have another look, there is stock dimensions for the fixed combs definitely, but the ascents and impacts are listed as just DTS.

There are three measurements - comb, heel and the monte carlo drop part. Obviously the comb can be raised, but there is a set lower limit.

There's something I'm not getting. Maybe I'm a bit thick but since the Ascents always have an adjustable stock, surely it's the case that the drop at the comb is set by the user.
I would like to know how big the step is at the back of the stock that forms the monte from the butt pad. The amount of drop from the comb to the top of the butt pad say in the gun pictured. I understand it can be raised.

I would like to know to under stand how much higher my head would be from my shoulders from a standard rib gun.

IMG_0496web.jpg

Thanks for the input, I have managed to find the info on the USA website. Seen attached.

Screenshot_20170806-215954.png

I would like to know to under stand how much higher my head would be from my shoulders from a standard rib gun.
I bring the gun up to my cheek/head. I do not lower my head to put it on the stock, hence for me the only difference would be the height of the rib. This would put the gun lower in the shoulder pocket. I would add that i bring my shoulder up as i mount the gun. This would then not be as much with a high rib. As everyone mounts a gun differently to suit/fit them - right or wrongly- this would be something only you could work out. Perhaps putting a length of wood/beading on your own gun to raise the rib, and a similar amount on the comb, might give you some idea of what its like. Failing that - go try one.

PS No matter what i do, my head stays the same height from my shoulders  :)

I bring the gun up to my cheek/head. I do not lower my head to put it on the stock, hence for me the only difference would be the height of the rib. This would put the gun lower in the shoulder pocket. I would add that i bring my shoulder up as i mount the gun. This would then not be as much with a high rib. As everyone mounts a gun differently to suit/fit them - right or wrongly- this would be something only you could work out. Perhaps putting a length of wood/beading on your own gun to raise the rib, and a similar amount on the comb, might give you some idea of what its like. Failing that - go try one.

PS No matter what i do, my head stays the same height from my shoulders  :)
Thanks Battue, that was my plan. I have a rubber comb raiser that is about 12mm that I will tape on, and was off to tape a strip of something 10mm high to the rib to get an idea of the feeling. There is then the open day at Orston on the 26th which I was hoping to try one at in either summit or invictus ascent.

I have been suffering with sore neck and shoulders as well as occasional headaches. Wanted to see if the ascent or impact would pick my head up and be more comfortable.

This may not be what you want to hear, but. I was talking to a chap yesterday at a shoot (around 60 ish). He had been suffering from neck problems while shooting for quite some time. As a last resort he bought a Beretta A400 and has never looked back. He wish he had done it ages ago. 

Last edited by a moderator:
This may not be what you want to hear, but. I was talking to a chap yesterday at a shoot (around 60 ish). He had been suffering from neck problems while shooting for quite some time. As a last resort he bought a Beretta A400 and has never looked back. He wish he had done it ages ago. 
I'm only 37 at the minute, but I'm hoping to find a decent solution to it before I get to needing an auto.  I'm hoping that exercises and posture change start to make a but of headway with it.  Once I have got rid of this batch of velocities I may have to start looking at 24 gram carts to relieve it if needs be as well.

Latest posts

Back