Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gjb

Fitasc expensive?

Recommended Posts

gjb

I would like to know why fitasc is so expensive when compared with ESP.

£60-70 for 100 reg fitasc compared to £30-35 for ESP seems an awful lot?

Especially since only 4 refs are needed on a 4 layout setup?

Is it simply so that the organisers can re-coup costs once prize money is taken off given some 100 reg fitasc events might < 50 entries?

Or is it that those who can afford to take a whole day off to shoot it can probably afford it as well?

In which case that doesn't bode well for introducing youngsters to the event.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Hewland

This question has been asked on forums for the ten years I've been on them. I await the usual 6 answers and heated discussion.. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlawsterOldCodger

If already not done so go and shoot a 100 registered FITASC am sure that would answer all your questions, 

As for youngsters, one feels they have far more disposable £ than previous generations and far more opportunites / distractions to spend it on 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shootinguru

Right! The normal entry  for 100 reg Fitasc is £60.00 and the norm for 100 reg Sporting is £40..00 inclusive of prize money!

I used to use qualified Fitasc refs At £70.00 a day! You would need 60 Fitasc shooters to make it worthwhile? To put 60 Fitasc shooters through in winter is difficult to use old system? (7.1/2 hours)

Proper Fitasc is a full day with breaks! If you wish to shoot some of the crap out there that some are calling Fitasc feel free to do so but don't believe you are shooting Fitasc!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CharlesP

I've only shot FITASC once - at Purbeck, it was a Farmers' FITASC. I shot dreadfully badly, and couldn't for the life of me keep up with who was shooting what and in which order; the free use of gun stuff completely got the better of me, and I was astonished when everyone stopped for a sit-down lunch. I enjoyed it - I always enjoy shooting - but decided it wasn't for me at all. Too much brain work involved.

I did think it was a tad expensive compared to the normal ESP, but put it down to the lunch...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wylye

If you consider Fitasc to be expensive and you can't spare a day to shoot it then its probably not for you. Stick to sporting, home in 2 hours, £35-£40, no excuses needed for the wife, perfect .

However, if you fancy a day out, have the wherewithal to pay for it, enjoy time with a group of friends and like-minded people, shoot great targets with no boring repetition of 4-5 pairs of the same old crappy quartering away rubbish, then Fitasc is for you. Probably the finest discipline ever invented for a shotgun and second only to a good, driven pheasant day. I have been accused of being partisan but its only my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jim Wheeler
42 minutes ago, CharlesP said:

I've only shot FITASC once - at Purbeck, it was a Farmers' FITASC. I shot dreadfully badly, and couldn't for the life of me keep up with who was shooting what and in which order; the free use of gun stuff completely got the better of me, and I was astonished when everyone stopped for a sit-down lunch. I enjoyed it - I always enjoy shooting - but decided it wasn't for me at all. Too much brain work involved.

I did think it was a tad expensive compared to the normal ESP, but put it down to the lunch...

 

It is a different format, As Shootinguru says, new format is cr*p, but the only way to get big numbers though.

Old style with 4 ranges of 25 with 3 stands is the original, but slow way to shoot FSP , so takes time.only 4 squads shooting.

 

31 minutes ago, wylye said:

If you consider Fitasc to be expensive and you can't spare a day to shoot it then its probably not for you. Stick to sporting, home in 2 hours, £35-£40, no excuses needed for the wife, perfect .

However, if you fancy a day out, have the wherewithal to pay for it, enjoy time with a group of friends and like-minded people, shoot great targets with no boring repetition of 4-5 pairs of the same old crappy quartering away rubbish, then Fitasc is for you. Probably the finest discipline ever invented for a shotgun and second only to a good, driven pheasant day. I have been accused of being partisan but its only my opinion.

100% !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CharlesP

In defence of the ESP around here they may be repeated pairs but they're not "the same old crappy quartering away rubbish" in my humble opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hamster

To find out which discipline shooters prefer simply look at the entries and rude health of one against the other. Makes me larrrf the old un's giving it large about betterer targets :rolleyes: heard it all before. Long Teal that needs a lucky ping don't a better target maketh, give it a rest. 

AND they were not better targets even in the old days, Bidwell is on record saying so and he woz there. 

People prefer ESP because it's sensibly and transparently priced, takes 2-3 hours to shoot (and you still get fantastic atmosphere and the chance to talk to great friends and people), leaves you time to go and have a round elsewhere, tests you to the max including the nerve to hold a straight on repeat targets (Fitasc lets you have another crack at some you have missed :lol: and doesn't murder your card on a bird you can't hit) and you get home in your preferred time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wylye

Did I not say that?

I don't expect you have the attention span to shoot Fitasc Hammy. Continue with your sporting if you wish but you are missing out on such a lot.

2 hours ago, CharlesP said:

In defence of the ESP around here they may be repeated pairs but they're not "the same old crappy quartering away rubbish" in my humble opinion.

You obviously don't travel very far Charles, if you did you would see what I mean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hamster
24 minutes ago, wylye said:

Did I not say that?

I don't expect you have the attention span to shoot Fitasc Hammy. Continue with your sporting if you wish but you are missing out on such a lot.

You obviously don't travel very far Charles, if you did you would see what I mean.

I don't have the time that's all. It's a rather difficult discipline to get to shoot on a regular basis and I personally simply can't put whole Sundays aside for just myself, in truth even when I can disappear for a whole day I find the temptation of getting 2 or even 3 ESP shoots would win over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CharlesP

Like I said "around here"....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×