I have my eye on a gun

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sian

Well today I tried a DT10 30" barrels, a little too long in the stock and would need to have adjustable comb fitted as well but I really liked it.  I managed to hit some good targets with it as it is.   Mmmm.

Well today I tried a DT10 30" barrels, a little too long in the stock and would need to have adjustable comb fitted as well but I really liked it.  I managed to hit some good targets with it as it is.   Mmmm.
The amount you shoot and the dedication you have to it, if you're going to change gun you owe yourself a proper trial of at least three well thought out options before deciding.

The amount you shoot and the dedication you have to it, if you're going to change gun you owe yourself a proper trial of at least three well thought out options before deciding.
 I know you are right and I actually didn't want to pick it up at first, I had to be persuaded.  I know I definitely don't want a Browning EVER.  I do like Berettas and have never tried anything else.  Lola May will always be my mine, she's my safety blanket.  I'm not in a hurry.  

You only live once.. 

I was told.. If you pick up a gun and it works for you .. whatever the make. From Baikel to Purdy  buy it.

Last edited by a moderator:
 I know you are right and I actually didn't want to pick it up at first, I had to be persuaded.  I know I definitely don't want a Browning EVER.  I do like Berettas and have never tried anything else.  Lola May will always be my mine, she's my safety blanket.  I'm not in a hurry.  
You should try a Blaser at EJC if they have a short one. The great thing is with the balance weight system you can make it feel very similar to your old gun. Then later experiment to see if you can actually improve the feel. Worked for me. Love mine.

Although may also worth trying one of the new ladies guns by guerini?

Sporting Targets has a Krieghoff open day coming up. Ed will be there and if you warn them you're coming they'll bring a short stock with an adjustable comb.

I moved from a DT10 to a K80 parcours a year ago. Absolutely no regrets.

Just my opinion, but if you are a fairly short lady, with female shape!.. you need particular importance to gunfit. Any decent make of gun for reliability etc, but whatever fits will guide you. Adjustable comb and correctly shortened stock is a lot of it, but hand grip and trigger position is the thing that often looks very wrong with some ladies and should be thought about.

Just my opinion, but if you are a fairly short lady, with female shape!.. you need particular importance to gunfit. Any decent make of gun for reliability etc, but whatever fits will guide you. Adjustable comb and correctly shortened stock is a lot of it, but hand grip and trigger position is the thing that often looks very wrong with some ladies and should be thought about.
I liked the grip and trigger position on the DT10 - it's owner is about my size and a lady apparently.  

I've got small hands and no problem with the DT10 in terms of grip and trigger position.

I've tried my husband's Browning. Ignoring the stock length, the big problem is my finger doesn't wrap around the trigger if I hold the grip properly. 

Pitch is important. Any gun can be uncomfortable if the toe is digging in on every shot.

Sure if a gun feels right in every way, buy it. But make sure you know what right feels like by trying a good few. I bought my Perazzi in 2007 when I had been shooting two years and it fitted me like a pigs buttock. These days I know exactly what I need and want and wished I had back then.

Last edited by a moderator:
sian

you are an experienced shooter you will know if its right and if it is buy it, the DT10 is as good as it gets, end of.

Well went to Southdown today and thought I'd just show a friend the DT10 I had tried out but it had been sold - TO TONY FOR MEEEEEE.  My lovely husband had bought it for me.  She has to have her alterations done and then we'll get to know each other better.  Names please.?

Well went to Southdown today and thought I'd just show a friend the DT10 I had tried out but it had been sold - TO TONY FOR MEEEEEE.  My lovely husband had bought it for me.  She has to have her alterations done and then we'll get to know each other better.  Names please.?
nice gesture from the husband     clarise  good  name !

My DT10 is called Benito.  How about Nero?
Hadn't thought about a male name, I think I prefer female but having done Ancient History at A level I think I would be doing the DT10 a disservice calling it Nero ..

If you'd prefer a more inspirational Italian to name it after rather than an infamous one, Vespasian might be a better choice (or maybe Marcus is less of a mouthful).

Back