Fiocchi over view

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonny English

Morning all, I am interested in trying some fiocchi, but don't really know anything about the range other than the basics off the website and prices etc.

Can anyone give me an idiots guide to the range? Been looking at the tt, fblu, fblack, F3 sporting, piston and bior etc. The bottom to midrange price stuff.

Not too fussed about velocity, more interested in smoothness and felt recoil, value for money and general feel etc

Thanks Martin.

have shot a lot of fiocchi and found the Black to be the best all things considered however the last couple of batches I had were sh*te which put me off the whole range...

its about three years ago. I had shot thousands for about five years with no problem but then two batches in a row were poor. To be honest it could have been how they had been stored at rfd but it was same rfd I had bought the previous ones from.

the odd one went with a pop was obviously a very slow and poor primer ignition, a LOT of soot left n barrell and it felt like the shot was doing half the speed. After countless issues over a few slabs the remaining 4k of the second batch were returned.

never had confidence in them since but as I say that was a few years ago now

Morning all, I am interested in trying some fiocchi, but don't really know anything about the range other than the basics off the website and prices etc.

Can anyone give me an idiots guide to the range? Been looking at the tt, fblu, fblack, F3 sporting, piston and bior etc. The bottom to midrange price stuff.

Not too fussed about velocity, more interested in smoothness and felt recoil, value for money and general feel etc

Thanks Martin.
Only tried fblack and fblu...

fblack break your shoulder

fblu take it off completely..

I use Fiocchi TT One fibre 7.5 and find then very good and consistent, for long shots l use Fiocchi Black 8, these are as good as any l have used. 

Apart from the crap patterns, the reason I dislike F blacks was the recoil and the noise! Made my head ring.

Apart from the crap patterns, the reason I dislike F blacks was the recoil and the noise! Made my head ring.
Never mind the crap patterns, it was the crap that was left behind that finished me using them.  Having said that I have used a 28 gram 6 shot 2 1/2" fibre wad Fiocchi in my Westley, and found them to be alright.

Going back to the original post try 250 of the cheapest through your OWN gun and then decide.

Last edited by a moderator:
These cartridge discussions have made me realise that I must be too fat/large to notice any recoil difference in any cartridges, and that my hearing is not good enough to notice the difference in the way they go bang.

Actually Power Reds.  When bebo used to shoot Power Reds I could tell the difference in volume, but only before I had ear molds made.

I now shoot with Fblacks. I like 'em. 

As for Sh!ite up the barrels, Hamster recommended a large bottle of ignore. I've been using it for ages, still got 100% of it left.

These cartridge discussions have made me realise that I must be too fat/large to notice any recoil difference in any cartridges, and that my hearing is not good enough to notice the difference in the way they go bang.

Actually Power Reds.  When bebo used to shoot Power Reds I could tell the difference in volume, but only before I had ear molds made.

I now shoot with Fblacks. I like 'em. 

As for Sh!ite up the barrels, Hamster recommended a large bottle of ignore. I've been using it for ages, still got 100% of it left.
Funny an't it I have a Kgun and semi a400

I just spray the barrels and push a rag through a few times barrels are like mirrors

Maybe it's the guns ? 

Current crop of F-blacks are soft and very clean.  I would suggest that if you have any issues it is because they were stored somewhere damp. In my Perazzi they hold a tight spherical pattern. I shot the long 70m midi crosser with 3/4 chokes and obliterated it 4 times off the belt. Nowt wrong with F-blacks. I would suggest its where you get them from and how you store them.

F3 Pistons for everything up to 45m. These are harder with recoil but for the money and the breaks I get....they'll do me!

Officials are a more progressive recoil, so feel softer. Wads are longer and the pattern definitely holds a long way out. Lovely shells.

Current crop of F-blacks are soft and very clean.  I would suggest that if you have any issues it is because they were stored somewhere damp. In my Perazzi they hold a tight spherical pattern. I shot the long 70m midi crosser with 3/4 chokes and obliterated it 4 times off the belt. Nowt wrong with F-blacks. I would suggest its where you get them from and how you store them.

F3 Pistons for everything up to 45m. These are harder with recoil but for the money and the breaks I get....they'll do me!

Officials are a more progressive recoil, so feel softer. Wads are longer and the pattern definitely holds a long way out. Lovely shells.
had I not had two bad experiences purchased from same dealer who's storage I have been in many times and if my own storage was not toasty warm and dry I would have fully agreed with this. However..

had I not had two bad experiences purchased from same dealer who's storage I have been in many times and if my own storage was not toasty warm and dry I would have fully agreed with this. However..
Ah...Too early in the morning to make myself clear methinks  :wink:

I meant to say that it depends on where you buy them from.  Where I get mine from they are stored in a nice dry cow shed thing.  As consumers we tend to keep them in houses so they are nice and dry.  I was talking about how the supplier stores them. Sorry IPS  :angel:

Latest posts

Back