ICTSF World Sporting

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug Pinnegar

So we're under a week away from the Worlds at Kelmarsh hall. I'm shooting it Sat and Sun at 14:45 I think. 

Personally I'm excited! Any advice for someone that's never shot this event before? 

Remember to shoot in front of them ? :lol:  

Only kidding I hope you have a great time and the weather is kind to you.

im in for the full mashings, currently Fri at 4 pm sat am and pm and sunday, Ringing the Cpsa mon to see if i can swapt from sat/sun to thurs Fri as im off all week.

So we're under a week away from the Worlds at Kelmarsh hall. I'm shooting it Sat and Sun at 14:45 I think. 

Personally I'm excited! Any advice for someone that's never shot this event before? 
just enjoy it as much as possible.  Take each stand as it comes and if you have a bad one, forget it and move on.  I always get nervous at events like this but the more you do them the easier it gets!  Don't put too much pressure on yourself, I used to have a score in mind that I would like to get but if I didn't reach that I would be down for days after so now I go with the intention of enjoying myself, meeting a few friends and shooting to the best of my ability.  

There will no doubt be some stands that suit you and some that don't so make sure of the ones you can hit and do your best on the others.  It's always a good chance to watch some of the "big boys/girls" shoot and hopefully pick up some tips.

Good luck, take plenty of water to keep hydrated and enjoy. ?

Any loss might as well be last year, it aint over till the very last

Was looking forward to it now I'm just dreading it ?

Was looking forward to it now I'm just dreading it ?
Never dread it enjoy it and do your best... remember number one is enjoyment.  We all want to do well in competitions but ... think about this there are some going into the event EXPECTING to do well if they have a bad stand then they are under pressure! Concentrate and shoot as well as you know you can, if you do that then you can walk away feeling good within yourself.

Never dread it enjoy it and do your best... remember number one is enjoyment.  We all want to do well in competitions but ... think about this there are some going into the event EXPECTING to do well if they have a bad stand then they are under pressure! Concentrate and shoot as well as you know you can, if you do that then you can walk away feeling good within yourself.
All good advice but I can't do my best, I can only do as well as an ill fitting gun will allow used by someone who is a creature of habit and doesn't do well with change albeit temporary.  I've put 175 through it today, 75 practise and 100 comp - no good.  Maybe if I had more time to adapt who knows.  Frustratingly I can't get the comb high enough and I'm seeing things differently   It's heavier, stiffer and I feel awkward shooting it.  I'll stop now.

All good advice but I can't do my best, I can only do as well as an ill fitting gun will allow used by someone who is a creature of habit and doesn't do well with change albeit temporary.  I've put 175 through it today, 75 practise and 100 comp - no good.  Maybe if I had more time to adapt who knows.  Frustratingly I can't get the comb high enough and I'm seeing things differently   It's heavier, stiffer and I feel awkward shooting it.  I'll stop now.
Take a deep breath and look forward :)   One thing though don't over shoot, just my opinion, I really think you should be conservative and shoot the same number of targets you will shoot in one day in competition ... tiredness is insidious and you will not shoot well when tired... just my opinion. Whatever just go out there and take the jackets of them !  You know very recently I had the great fortune to shoot with an Olympic champion, had to get this in :) ,  anyway I had not shot a round of FO in a year but I asked him if he had time to and he said yes. So just the the two of us, I was in the Olympic final at the time :lol:  , me on one him on three. I just shouldered my gun and concentrated for all the world to see the target... I did alright with a 22 :) I  had a nice bit of a chat with Peter after the round and to cut short the most encouraging thing was he told me to be more confident in my ability I had shot well and that is not luck . My advice... you do the same  concentrate and be confident I am sure you will do well .

Take a deep breath and look forward :)   One thing though don't over shoot, just my opinion, I really think you should be conservative and shoot the same number of targets you will shoot in one day in competition ... tiredness is insidious and you will not shoot well when tired... just my opinion. Whatever just go out there and take the jackets of them !  You know very recently I had the great fortune to shoot with an Olympic champion, had to get this in :) ,  anyway I had not shot a round of FO in a year but I asked him if he had time to and he said yes. So just the the two of us, I was in the Olympic final at the time :lol:  , me on one him on three. I just shouldered my gun and concentrated for all the world to see the target... I did alright with a 22 :) I  had a nice bit of a chat with Peter after the round and to cut short the most encouraging thing was he told me to be more confident in my ability I had shot well and that is not luck . My advice... you do the same  concentrate and be confident I am sure you will do well .
I won't be overshooting, it's 200 per day x 2 days.  

I won't be overshooting, it's 200 per day x 2 days.  
That is a lot of shooting ! Enjoy :)  

edit

To be honest though 200 targets a day competition wise is a huge number really, I can understand why you train on a high target count .

Last edited by a moderator:
There is also CPSA 100 esp and 100 str for the full house.

Apparently it is now going to be re-named The European English Sporting being as we are now not good enough to compete with America  & France .

I did ask my American friends if they would be visiting after the Hungarian FITASC , but it isn't an important enough event for them  + being away from home for long periods of time can be a drain on resources.

The interviews CPSA are posting on Facebook mention it being a firm course. Anyone here shoot it today? How'd you find it? 

Any big scores in yet?

Shot the blue course today and it was tough but in my humble opinion a good and challenging shoot. When I left at about 2.15 Ben H was winning the blue on mid eighties.

I shot 71 which was the highest on our squad of I think all A class shooters.

Latest posts

Back