Worlds 2017

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes , the British Team were there , but as I predicted some years ago , the Americans are now the Clay shooting nation.

I believe the British Veterans did win as a team , but that is possibly because the Americans were not old enough to field a Team  :smile: .

Have a look down the list of competitors, America has strength in depth. We used to have this , but then complacency took a hold.

We have many fine shooters but they either don't work as a team or are not selected or available for selection.

But I think the major factor for GB is lack of  funding.

Get selected  for America and it is a well funded honour, get selected for Britain and it is an expensive honour.

gb used to rule in many sports  , but not anymore !    shooting is a good example  other  countries  have better  infrastructure  better funding  better team ethics ,   ah well its the taking part that matters  eh !

We dont help ourselves, there would be uproar if costs went up to provide that infrastructure. I dont want to fund anybodies young superstar, thats dads job.

Rupert, I think that is exactly what we may be doing and maybe could explain why many are not renewing CPSA membership.

Could someone , anyone explain to me what value for money my CPSA membership is giving me ?

My Cpsa money buys me the insurance, access to any majors i fancy, infrastructure for region and county shoots and a portal to track and record scores with access to other scores if i want.

We all contribute handsomely to the sponsered shooters one way or another, thru entries, retailers cartridges etc, 

Rupert, I think that is exactly what we may be doing and maybe could explain why many are not renewing CPSA membership.

Could someone , anyone explain to me what value for money my CPSA membership is giving me ?
Not a great deal but unfortunately CPSA HQ fail to understand what VFM is....along with failing to enforce there rules,etc,etc,etc

Careful guys you'll be censored like I was last nite.

I'm out now. People died for freedom of speech . Now that's dead too. 

Jasper.

censored ? must have missed that ?

I can beat your censorship I was recently banned from a forum purely for voicing an opinion ?

censored ? must have missed that ?

I can beat your censorship I was recently banned from a forum purely for voicing an opinion ?
Which one so I can go on and ask where you are  :whistle:

You have to say that shooting is a very expensive game and one in which when you consider that expense there is very little money to be made out of it for what has to be put in. So it does not surprise me at all that young people are not too interested and those who are, normally get the initial introduction from parents who are active shooters. Then there is the methodology used to select who get the sponsorship should it be forthcoming . Then add to that the fact that shooting in the UK is viewed as an elitist activity that is not much liked by the public at large and you have a recipe for getting ignored ... however I do believe that the money allocated to shooting from the Olympic funds has been increased. I ,although it does not effect me, would like to know how the money given to British shooting is actually spent. I only every hear of shooters having to fund themselves and yet we are told that British shooting is receiving millions of pounds every year in funding!  Then when the UK actually gets the honour of holding the Olympics the shooting ground is deliberately destroyed after the event so there is no legacy for the sport!

Just as an aside though I see very few young trap shooters down here in France where I shoot. There are none at all in my club. At a national level there were a total of 61 junior shooters male and female from a total entry of 565 shooters in the French PC championship last year and  only 20 juniors who were all male from a total of 571 shooters at the FU championships. So it would seem that sporting is doing better than trap in the young shooter dept.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back