Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dr. lecter

help !

Recommended Posts

dr. lecter

every single time I attempt to sign in to this forum  I have to reset my password    every single time !   now as a ex srabble county champion  even I am running out of new passwords .   help required   any ideas ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
woody

Are you just using the one device to access the forum?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Simbo

Add a C and see if it works?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sian
1 hour ago, Battue said:

Don't sign out

but if I clear my history it automatically signs me out for some reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dr. lecter

yes I'm using one device , I have never signed out , 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Battue
56 minutes ago, dr. lecter said:

yes I'm using one device , I have never signed out , 

Is it just this site OR does it happen on others? PC Windows etc or Mac device? It could be something to do with 'pop up blockers' or your anti virus program, or god knows what?

Matt would be the best to ask as its his site.

Edited by Battue
Added a bit.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FloodDefence

If I clear my history, need to restore my phone etc. The same thing happens to me. Other sites are fine.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dr. lecter

I am still having to reset my password every time I log in :angry:   life is too short !:angry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Battue

First of - You first said 'Every time i attempt to sign in to this forum, i have to reset my password' You then said ' I have never signed out'. 

Your pc/mac/windows device should remember your password and instantly sign you in to the 'homepage' regardless of the last page you were looking at.- IF you gave it permission to 'save password for this site'

Do you have the homepage 'Saved as a bookmark' or 'Favourite page' etc? Also what device are you using?

Maybe a more precise rundown of what you actually do to get in would help.

Have you contacted Matt?

Failing that perhaps start a new account from scratch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Geordieboy

Hi......I've had to reset my password every time I go on this forum.....for 2 years now  :???:

This is on my laptop at work......My desktop at work........My mobile Phone....and my tablet.

PAIN IN THE 4SS!!!

There is something wrong with the site I am sure.  I contacted the admin here but they were unable to help me.

Can anybody help as obviously this is not an isolated issue and I am not the only one now!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShootClay Admin
On 8/24/2017 at 8:05 AM, Geordieboy said:

Hi......I've had to reset my password every time I go on this forum.....for 2 years now  :???:

 

Explain what you mean - reset your password? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MDP

This used to happen to me, I think its because you're signing in with your email address rather than your user ID...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sian

I never have an issue.  If I am locked out I simply ask the lovely Matt to let me back in x

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dr. lecter
On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 9:50 PM, dr. lecter said:

I am still having to reset my password every time I log in :angry:   life is too short !:angry:

still happening  :angry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Simster

Not sure if this is the same thing, I use an iPad and if I've signed out or reset the safari browser when I next sign in I use my display name and password. It then prompts me with "the saved password for simster on www.shootclayforums.com is different. Do you want to update it? With 2 options Update Password or Not now.  I just tap Not Now and it logs me in and stays signed in unless I sign out or clear the browser settings.

I think the first couple of times I did the Update Password option but got fed up doing it.

Its clearly a bit of a rogue message because surely if the saved password was wrong it wouldn't have let me in?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dr. lecter

I reset my password every time I sign in  , although it automatically appears as dots in the appropriate  box    , it will not accept it !:angry: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
westley

SRABBLE, SRABBLE.....................No wonder you were the County Champion  !     :lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Battue
1 hour ago, dr. lecter said:

I reset my password every time I sign in  , although it automatically appears as dots in the appropriate  box    , it will not accept it !:angry: 

Maybe its because the 'dots' are an old password and you have not updated the 'keychain' or password memory for a new one. I would think you need to delete the dots and start again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
balltrap

You need to clear your cache if you have changed your password

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
schmokinn
11 hours ago, balltrap said:

You need to clean your car if you have changed your password

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
westley

It's probably BUGS,  did you have a .....................wait for it................."WHAT'S APP. DOC"   ?     :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Geordieboy
On 9/12/2017 at 1:13 PM, ShootClay Admin said:

Explain what you mean - reset your password? 

Morning all,

so I get bored answering e-mails at work and would much rather talk 'bull' here at 6am in the damn morning at work. I used to be able to just login with my e-mail address and password.  Now however...I have to reset my password every time I login no matter where that is...Company PC, my tablet, My laptop, my phone....in order to talk a load of tosh now.  Even now, this morning I popped in and had to reset my password.  it is 123 for anybody wishing to hack my account as they are the easiest 3 keys to fire in so I can get on here.  When the site auto logs out, I cannot get back in with 123.....I have to reset it to 123 so I can get in.  Shame that.

Don't know if you can help but it would appear that I am not the only one here with this issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dr. lecter
On ‎21‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 6:56 AM, Geordieboy said:

Morning all,

so I get bored answering e-mails at work and would much rather talk 'bull' here at 6am in the damn morning at work. I used to be able to just login with my e-mail address and password.  Now however...I have to reset my password every time I login no matter where that is...Company PC, my tablet, My laptop, my phone....in order to talk a load of tosh now.  Even now, this morning I popped in and had to reset my password.  it is 123 for anybody wishing to hack my account as they are the easiest 3 keys to fire in so I can get on here.  When the site auto logs out, I cannot get back in with 123.....I have to reset it to 123 so I can get in.  Shame that.

Don't know if you can help but it would appear that I am not the only one here with this issue.

same here  its sooooooooooooooo  annoying  I mean we aint top secret    heeeeeelllllppppppp

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×