Weston Wood - 28th June

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug Pinnegar

It's going to be strange going to Weston Wood and not shooting a sporting course. I'm looking forward to my first attempt at FITASC.

I'm booked on for 2pm and there's a couple spaces left still.

Hoping to have positive news to report after the event ?

It's going to be strange going to Weston Wood and not shooting a sporting course. I'm looking forward to my first attempt at FITASC.

I'm booked on for 2pm and there's a couple spaces left still.

Hoping to have positive news to report after the event ?
I can't make this one, but have done the last two. Its not typical of most FSP shoots. It's very enjoyable but due to being in a wood, there tends to be two layouts with quite close fiddly targets. The distant stuff is only possible on two layouts really. Having said that, it's the fast quick stuff that kills me in FSP due to the gun down time lost element. 

I will try and shoot some ESP practice to FSP rules so it's not completely alien on the day. 

Are the targets generally tougher in FSP? Or is it that you don't get repeated goes at the same pair to get consistency? 

I will try and shoot some ESP practice to FSP rules so it's not completely alien on the day. 

Are the targets generally tougher in FSP? Or is it that you don't get repeated goes at the same pair to get consistency? 
Usually 1 or two longer targets, but no big deal. It's got a few differences, some of which you may almost benefit from and others you may suffer with. Sim pairs often the tricky bit. 

Well that was an experience. In a good way.

My butt got a bit of a kicking carding 57/100!

I'm guessing that this probably had more of a technical feel to the course due to shooting in the wood rather than big gaps. The first two layouts I was focusing so much on the rules and gun position that the clays almost came second place. 12 on both of the first layouts to give me 24/50.

Then after a break and a quick chat with the other first timers it looked like we were all in a similar position. On to the third and fourth layouts.

I managed 18/25 and then 15/25. Certainly moving in the right direction and started feeling more comfortable with the process. 

The ref we had, Bill, and the squad were so encouraging it made all the difference. A few words of wisdom from them certainly helped! 

Quite an eye opener but something I'm keen to repeat as a change of pace to sporting and a new skill set. It certainly showed me that you really do have more time on birds then you may think.

Back