Lonato FU Euro's

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwpzx9r

Just heading off to Lonato now for a weeks shooting fun. The weather looks good at a nice and sunny 33C for the week so no excuses about the conditions :)  

To be fair Charlie I don't think I have anything to claim. The weather looks to be great the ground is one of the best ... looks like it is down to me :)   I had a couple of great get outs at the last competition. Number one I broke a tooth the night before the event started and then for good measure smacked my head on the tailgate of the car putting my gun into the boot and it blew a gale the two days. No Lonato looks to be perfect. I am just hoping I can put in a few good rounds and enjoy the event... lets face it I am not going to win anything in fact there is a good chance I will miss more targets in one round than the winner of the event will miss in the entire event !!! :)  

So arrived at Desenzano yesterday afternoon and went to visit the Lonato ground today. Having never been there before ... WOW fantastic ground with 12 FO setups. Went to the ammo shop... amazing well stocked with nearly every quality cartridge you could want at knockdown prices Clever T3 and T4 Pro @ €52 and €58 per flat what is not to like about that 3k T4's are finding their way back to France :)   Did not shoot today still wobbly after the long drive but will be shooting tomorrow temperature a nice 35C today but hazy so sky a bit grey.

Today had the great pleasure of being able to shoot a round of FO with none other than Olympic champion Peter Wilson ! I have a chance to meet and talk with him, his father and a team from a Zoli who were doing a testing session. What a genial and thoroughly down to earth guy who was willing to interrupt his test at my request to shoot a round of FO ... made my weekend thanks to the whole Zoli team ... gonna stick by my Perazzi though :)  

Charlie what a great experience for me personally only two shooters on the stand.... just like an Olympic shoot off :lol: ... and to boot I shot well making a 22, he missed his last for a 24 I think , not too shabby for my first FO round in a year... he actually told me I shot well !!!! :)  

Last edited by a moderator:
Charlie what a great experience for me personally only two shooters on the stand.... just like an Olympic shoot off :lol: ... and to boot I shot well making a 22... not too shabby for my first FO round in a year... he actually told me I shot well !!!! :)  
Shot with him on a charity thing,genuinely nice bloke and he has a few stories to open your eyes! ;)

Charlie what a great experience for me personally only two shooters on the stand.... just like an Olympic shoot off :lol: ... and to boot I shot well making a 22, he missed his last for a 24 I think , not too shabby for my first FO round in a year... he actually told me I shot well !!!! :)  
I have to say that a 22 in those circumstances is right at medal level ! !   :drinks:

Great stuff from Ed and Abbey Ling together with Mr Fletton winning individual golds then all the teams who also brought in the medals well done to them all !!

I myself had a great time meeting, talking ... sorry Adam :) and shooting with some great shooters and very nice people including two Olympic medal winners in Ed ling and Peter Wilson.... Got a nice wee gift from Chris Tate ... already on shooting vest! A young girl named Lucy Hall was on my squad only thirteen and god know how tall shot well and got a medal well done to her and the wee lad Tom Betts who was only twelve who also shot well who together with Theo took a team medal ... well done them!! Met up with Greg his mate Dave and some others and shot a few practice rounds thank you all for that. What's not to like about a weekend like that? My only regret is that this ground is so far away... and I now want to shoot FO only shot the two rounds but managed a 20 and 22 but I think it is the way to go... putting forward a motion to get the FO layout at our ground into regular use! I would have liked to have made just two more targets for my personal goal but did well for a first major championship at this ground, which I was told is tough, I had one disaster round but over the piece I am happy although I never made the most of my chances. Roll on the French championships at Ychoux in July.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting stat from Lonato ...for me at least. I was impressed with the pricing of cartridges at the armurerie they were way cheaper than those in France BUT when you take into account that a round of OT was €7.50 I can still shoot OT cheaper at my club in France even with the expensive cartridges * caveat* but its not the same quality of ground as Lonato :)  

Likewise Greg a great week and meeting a raft of great British shooters made it for me. You take meeting and shooting with these guys for granted I am in the sticks down here in France... when am I going to meet and shoot with Olympic medal winners again? ... hopefully at the next championship ! 

Cheers

John

Back