Dutch Grand Prix.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shootinguru

Is anyone else concerned about the number of entries for the Dutch G. P.?   They are approaching 400 Be looking for 460 total!

How they will fit 460 shooters into two days I cannot envisage?

I understood they have 8 layouts, of which you shoot 4 a day.

In theory they should then be able to double the amount of participants they could accommodate in the past.

They're working hard to make this event something special for all participants.

I would call it ambition instead of greed  :wink: .

Let's give them the benefit of the doubt. (no, I'm not part of the organization)

Doesn't the "I hope they don't screw up" apply for all competitions?

I'm also curious how everything will go, but let's not judge too early.

No one is judging!  I have run shoots for 30years and that's who I am concerned by the numbers!

I understand shootinguru, the 'judging' part was a general remark, not a reply on your posts.

Previous years they could handle around 230 participants.

By doubling the amount of layouts, they should in theory be able to double the amount of participants as well.

I have my doubts, but we won't know until August  :)

They're not limited to the same area as last years, so that might help.

I have spoken to Frank Hazzecamp  and he confirms there are 8 parcours and 4 pegs per parcour! This is the maximum number 

It means that there are 32 squads out shooting at the same time! So I am relieved. And there will be lots of new ground used!

That's what I tried to explain, but apparently he was able to explain it better.

Glad you're relieved.

Last edited by a moderator:
The "new style" FSP of 4 stands per Parcour is a bit of a joke, yes, you have 4squads shooting, times the number of  parcour, but, with TWO machines per stand? so, A o/r B, B o/r A, then sim A+B !  its worse than ESP!  certainly far off the original concept of replicating nature! You spend more time walking about than shooting.

Jim

There is nothing about 2 machines per stand.

The format for new system now is for 15 singles and 5 doubles.

In the case of  4 stand layout, there will be 4 No machines on 3 stands with a 4th stand having only 3 machines, making 15 in all. However only one stand of the 4 will throw 2 doubles.

Regards

Leigh

Ok, do you know how they set each stand, and the order of fire, do they swop between singles and doubles? so, 8 parcour`s x 15 machines, 120 machines? or an i wrong?   no wonder it's not popular!

|I have shot two African grands as i described, 2 machines per stand! it was lousy! 

The old system of 3 stands per 25 targets was excellent, as you move around 5 or 6 machines, from 3 very different perspectives. the problem is its time consuming and not cost effective for most grounds that run to make a profit.

It will be as Leigh explained!  There will be all the machines that are used at the World Fitasc in Hungary plus 100+. of their own!

Cyril

Saw you at a distance tonight, but did not have chance to catch up. 

See you on Edgar Bros/ Zoli layout.

Regards

Leigh

Is anyone else concerned about the number of entries for the Dutch G. P.?   They are approaching 400 Be looking for 460 total!

How they will fit 460 shooters into two days I cannot envisage?
If they use the new system correctly (25 targets over 4 stands with 2 sets of traps, 2 stands on each. 1 squad shooting A&B while another shooting C&D) and keep everyone moving it will still be very tight.   460 will be 2 very long days.   We usually cut off at 240 / 40 squads on 2 Day events even with new system with 8 x 25 target layouts.

460 = 77 squads using all 8 gounds.  Say 10 squads per layout per day @ 20min ??? (probably 30) per squad =  3.5 hours per round x 4 rounds per day = 14 hours minimum with no delays or hick-ups.

I have spoken to Frank Hazzecamp  and he confirms there are 8 parcours and 4 pegs per parcour! This is the maximum number 

It means that there are 32 squads out shooting at the same time! So I am relieved. And there will be lots of new ground used!
16 squads at a time 2 pegs shoot over same traps (USUALLY)

Olesarge

Dont quite understand your timings.

I would have thought squads would start at 12 minute intervals, so 5 an hour. 39 squads therefore just under 8 hours starting with an actual finish time just under 9 (if all to time).

It will mean that once a squad has finished their next layout would start in around an hour. Tight.

Leigh

Back