Opinions on Miroku MK70?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The obvious answer is to try it and see if it fits you. Much better to have a ~£1,500 gun that fits than a £15,000 gun that doesn't. That aside, I shot with a MK70 before I got my licence and really liked it but ended up with a Beretta 690 which I love. It seems to fit me perfectly, which was more luck than judgement . I'd have been gutted if I spent £2,000 on a gun to find out it's miles off my build.

Last edited by a moderator:
For sure Miroku sporters are too low in the comb for many. Agree, fit is top of the list. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Individual body size and shape is an interesting thing.  Miroku's seem to fit me out of the box whereas I can't seem to hit a barn door with a Beretta......but a Franchi Affinity fits like a glove. Odd.

I am shooting one for a third year now. Mk70 felt spot on (tiny bit long LOP) right from the beginning. Learning to shoot it better I managed to get 94 ex 100 in a regional trap league. Gun is sound working - polished the pitted firing pins once, but are fine since. I added some weight in the stock to bring weight back some (gun was slightly nose heavy and it is neutral and 8 lbs now - tho the jury is still out on this) With Teague extended chokes and Isis x pad aded things are getting rather costly so if you are looking for a strict clay gun with slightly higher comb and set trigger - Teagued MK38 might be better option.

Barrels are backbored and when you apply chokes with regular measurements gun shoots tight (speaking for my gun and Teague extended  chokes) - ie - .025 choke gets you full pattern, even with 3/8 (.015) you are tighter than 1/2...1/4 (.010) is 1/2 ect...

With fancy wood (apart from out of place green pad) gun is suppose to be hunter/sporter. I can stick in flush factory chokes to melt into the crowd on a fancy game shoot anytime.

I love mine and wouldn't consider swaping just now.

Shoot a 30" Sporter gd3,works well,very reliable and handles a little livelier than 38`s used by friends.2 3/4" chambers and non back bored Invector barrels.

Very good guns .

Latest posts

Back