New SxS.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lord v

After a crappy week at work I treated myself to a new (to me) gun.

Picked up a AyA Yeoman for just used £100.... can't wait to try it out! Fortunately have a day off on Monday...

Pinched the shops pics, mine are rubbish.

2017_05_16_1218-1920x1280.jpg

2017_05_16_1220-1920x1280.jpg

Good guns the Yeoman and that looks a nice one .

Many bargains about in the s/s market now,strange how marketing changes our needs !!!!!!!

any self respecting English man should have a side by side

nice one

any self respecting English man should have a side by side

nice one
Yes I got one too,its no beauty but works fine and was a gift from a shooting pal. I use it as a rough gun around the farm. Enjoy your new gun mate.

It dates to 1970. 

Cleaned it up a bit today, It's in good nick for a nearly 50yo gun. 

like xaphan says everyone should have a sxs in the stable ?

my 1975 sarasqueta came up like new once I refinished the stock and cleaned the sidelock plates.

Other than shooting it, is there a way of telling which trigger fires which barrel? 

Its choked full and 1/2. The difference in choke is actually visible, so I am guessing the full is a pretty tight one. 

usually right hand barrrell first believe

Should be 1/2 choke in right barrel, front trigger and Full choke in left barrel, back trigger. That is unless they made a pair of Yeoman's as Grouse guns ? 

It will NOT be chrome lined barrels, so it pays to push a wool mop with a little, that was LITTLE oil on, through each barrel, before putting it away. I would then store it muzzle down in the cabinet. IF you are storing it for any length of time, pop a couple of snap caps in and pull both triggers (one at a time). Do NOT forget to remove them (snap caps) and leave them in the cabinet before taking the gun out again.

Cheers. 

I oil the barrels on both my guns before putting them away anyway. 

whats this about oil !!!!!

I know about baby oil ?

That's been the trouble with BT's eyes, he knew nothing about lubrication either...........................his eyes are still watering  !
your eyes will water when i put my barrels up your ass  :rolleyes: ( what better can you to do to a ex cop  :lol: )

Last edited by a moderator:
A. I suck with a SxS 

B. right front, left back 

C. It was a lovely day and had an awesome time. 

A. I suck with a SxS 

B. right front, left back 

C. It was a lovely day and had an awesome time. 

I suppose that I am fortunate in being able to switch from my double triggered S x S, to my Auto, to my O/U and back again without a problem, although I occasionally get caught out by an auto safety catch, when shooting clays. ( I do not do that too often though). Probably due to starting my shooting career with a S x S, then starting clay shooting with an auto and eventiually with an O/U.

Latest posts

Back