£1 Coin/Bead alignment

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

525kev

Ok seen this mentioned on another thread but didn't want to drag that one off course into stormy waters !

SO

My question is what am i doing wrong as i've tried it with both my Hatsan & 525 but i must be doing something totally wrong as it appears both Guns are in dire need of some adjustment !!

Could the problem be that i used a new £1 coin and the test is for an old one ???

Any bright ideas :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The secret is to find a NEW £1 coin with the centre missing  !
Aperture sight, indeed.

But with respect I think the problem here is the Op is using the head; surely it should be the tail. Naturally the opposite is true in the Southern Hemisphere.

Aperture sight, indeed.

But with respect I think the problem here is the Op is using the head; surely it should be the tail. Naturally the opposite is true in the Southern Hemisphere.
Ah now i thought of that but i'd be staring down the wrong end surely ?

Might set myself up some Mirrors better safe than sorry :)

Ok seen this mentioned on another thread but didn't want to drag that one off course into stormy waters !

SO

My question is what am i doing wrong as i've tried it with both my Hatsan & 525 but i must be doing something totally wrong as it appears both Guns are in dire need of some adjustment !!

Could the problem be that i used a new £1 coin and the test is for an old one ???

Any bright ideas :)

I must admit that when I first started shooting and read about the £1 on the rib I honestly thought that this was what they meant.

OK - you're all wrong.  the proper coin for this is the US$0.25 (Quarter) coin.  Sorta like using pliers when what you really need is an adjustable wrench, right? 

I think you may find,  you lie the coin flat.

:santa:
What are you thinking???  Flat??  Then that heads/tails thing gets into the situation and which way it should point - like top of the head toward the muzzle - - or breech, or sideways   I mean there is no end to it

Couple of thoughts:

How far down the rib should you place the £1 coin?

What happens if you don't have a handy £1 coin?  Can you then use another, say a 10p coin?

And will either above affect POI or POA?

i am in france at the moment can I use a centime and what happens at brexit ??? will it mean I cant hit anything in the uk

( no change there then)

Couple of thoughts:

How far down the rib should you place the £1 coin?

What happens if you don't have a handy £1 coin?  Can you then use another, say a 10p coin?

Surely you would have to use ten 10p coins instead of a pound ?
Vic.

Latest posts

Back