Taking care of gun stocks

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holianl

So while i have been waiting for my SGC to arrive i have looked none stop at gun trader gunstar ETC at miroku MK38 Grade 5 guns, some of the guns i have looked at have a really glossy finish with wood that really stands out and others are dull finished guns (if that makes sence) most of the dull finished stocks i have seen tend to be brand new guns. How do people get these really nice finished glossy stocks? 

miroku1.jpg

miroku2.jpg

some are lacquered but propper ones are oiled. The former look ok if that's the look you like until scratched. The latter need regular oiling to keep the look and scratches and dents are easy to repair.

lacquer horrible imo

They carry them in gunslips when at shoots, this avoids the temptation to play 'Slap Head' with other shooters  !

So while i have been waiting for my SGC to arrive i have looked none stop at gun trader gunstar ETC at miroku MK38 Grade 5 guns, some of the guns i have looked at have a really glossy finish with wood that really stands out and others are dull finished guns (if that makes sence) most of the dull finished stocks i have seen tend to be brand new guns. How do people get these really nice finished glossy stocks? 

View attachment 6394

View attachment 6395
Bloody Ell, lets get it home first  !!!      :rolleyes:

yes almost as nice as patchouli oil on a damp kaftan ?

I have had a cold for a week now.

would refinishing my stock with olbas oil cure me on tomorrows sim driven day. ??

I have had a cold for a week now.

would refinishing my stock with olbas oil cure me on tomorrows sim driven day. ??
Slacking on the Scotch are we?

It would certainly clear your nostrils while shooting though. :smile:

Latest posts

Back