Cheddite primers

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gavin

Any one have any problems with primers being pierced with cheddite shells

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Any one have any problems with primers being pierced with cheddite shells
My experience too. Have had the occasional pierced primer with Hull (Velocity & Evos), but even more frequently with Cheddite carts (Drago Sporting). Was approx 5-10 out of every box of 25.

Had my gun serviced recently which included new firing pins and the problem got worse; 1 in 2 Cheddites pierced and even started to get piercing on Fiocchi TT1s which were previously fine.

I removed the new pins and ground them down a touch with a Dremel and the problem has now sorted itself - no piercing so far with TT1s and ditto with the few Cheddites I've tried. I removed very little length from the pins but it seems to have done the trick. Seems like the issue in my case was caused by a combination of Cheddite primers plus slightly over long firing pins.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used quite a few Cheddite of late and have had no problems in my Browning 725 or Beretta 303.

Had on today in my to barrel in my Perazzi with a Rio. Had them with other males including Cheddite and fiocchi recently in Perazzi. DT10 and MK38. I won"t be touching the pins as they are not the problem.  Rather they hit well on a hard primers which will,  as day follows night be an issue with the next batch  and avoid unnecessary missfires (which is a bigger problem) by fiddling around with firing pin than worry  about piercing the occasional one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheddite is the only shell iv had this problem with in this gun.....it's been happening a while by the looks of the pins.......shame cause there smart strike is a nice shell (stupid name ) but a nice shell......time to find another brand of shell I think

It was problematic enuf to stop the inertia trigger setting the second hammer.....dirt from blowback off the pierced primer. Iv fired every other brand shell I have including game loads and it's only the cheddite's..........every bottom barrel and the odd top barrel piercing. I changed the pins and it's the same story

It was problematic enuf to stop the inertia trigger setting the second hammer.....dirt from blowback off the pierced primer. Iv fired every other brand shell I have including game loads and it's only the cheddite's..........every bottom barrel and the odd top barrel piercing. I changed the pins and it's the same story

Thing is Cheddite supply primers to many manufacturers and you don't hear of issues yet it is there own shells that have the problem.

A friend of mine just had a really bad batch of Gamebore Clear Pigeon with soft primers. Just a bad run, and can happen to any manufacturing company.

Two from two cheddite smart strike, universal trap, eley game, Hull superfast
1de8e7cb2af6bfd833238ee29d2515fc.jpg

That photo above just taken this morning after re polishing the old pin and re-installing so a tad shorter than original pin and still piercing the cheddite's

Latest posts

Back