Prescription Shooting glasses

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davy_B

Hi guys . looking for recommendation as to what would be the best prescription shooting glasses . my problem is that I tilt my head down when on the stock and tend to look up and out just under my eyebrows (i have fairly deep eyes) so I need a frame that goes fairly high as most normal glasses I end out looking out over them or straight through the frame . either that or one with an adjustable nose piece that allows me to mount it high on my face ?

Any help / reccomendations would be appreciated

Have you tried contact lenses Davy_B? take a day or two to get use to but once you get to grips with them they are amazing.

Mr Ed Lyons who frequents this establishment is probably best to ask.  My husband if off to see Ed in June.

Have you tried contact lenses Davy_B? take a day or two to get use to but once you get to grips with them they are amazing.
Ya thats what i use at the moment but after nearly 2 decades of wearing them they dry out in my eyes now very quickly and make me tired . And everyone ive spoken to says that proper prescription shooting glasses are superior . If theres nothing that suits il still wear the contacts but would like to try the glasses too 

Im using glasses over lenses, got mine from Ed.

Happy with result.

Hi guys . looking for recommendation as to what would be the best prescription shooting glasses . my problem is that I tilt my head down when on the stock and tend to look up and out just under my eyebrows (i have fairly deep eyes) so I need a frame that goes fairly high as most normal glasses I end out looking out over them or straight through the frame . either that or one with an adjustable nose piece that allows me to mount it high on my face ?

Any help / reccomendations would be appreciated
All normal glasses will have you looking at the frame top when you shoot. You can do quite well with high street glasses, but get bigger frames and ensure there is an adjustable nose pad to set them high as you say. Specsavers do some colours also, which they don't advertise unless you ask. I have a good pair in a mid-yellow.  But if you need something more sophisticated then yes, Ed is your man. I have a light purple pair on order from him for grey days. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm using daily disposable contact lenses  and have done for a few years now  they allow any shooting glasses to be worn so massive choice .   but I have a pair of Randolph engineering prescription glasses which are great   57mm lenses  adjustable nose piece   tints etc ,  and yes I believe glasses give me crisper vision  overall  and deal with my astigmatism  all good for clayshooting .  ed lyons is the man if you want pristine vision .   I like the new pilla prescription ones that ed solomons models/ wears   .    lets face it our sport demands the best vision we can achieve .      

Zeiss from JH Steward in Bristol are good quality and they know what you are talking about when you call. 01275 838532. www.stewardsportsglasses.co.uk

There are a few good options around these days.

Steward's and Optilabs supply the Zeiss/Zeiss - style frames with own brand lenses. The frames last a lifetime, lens choice is limited but they are good value - you can get a couple of pairs sub £300 if memory serves.

Lots of places supply Oakley prescription eyewear (myself included!) but they have moved away from "shooting specs" these days (with the exception of the Tombstone frame) and now just make generic sports glasses. There are no prescription shooting lenses per se but the general lens quality is excellent. Prices for one set start around £350

Decot supply "proper" shooting glasses from the USA with lots of lens options. Ive only seen one batch of these: a client bought five sets, all had incorrect prescriptions and the lenses were poorly made. Couldve been a one or five off..?

Along these lines are Straub and Castellani - popular abroad, don't know much about them over here.

My main products are Randolph Engineering (the Sporter, Classic and Edge frames are good) and I am running the prescription program for Pilla UK. Prices are higher for these, frames start at £145 for RE up to £180, £189 up to £249 for the new Carbon Fibre in the Pilla collection. Lenses start at £260 for an uncoated set. Antiglare coatings, hydrophobic coatings, high index and bifocal options are available on request.

Pretty much any prescription can be handled and results so far have been excellent!

If you have a prescription copy to hand i can give you some tailored advice.

Ed

There are a few good options around these days.

Steward's and Optilabs supply the Zeiss/Zeiss - style frames with own brand lenses. The frames last a lifetime, lens choice is limited but they are good value - you can get a couple of pairs sub £300 if memory serves.

Lots of places supply Oakley prescription eyewear (myself included!) but they have moved away from "shooting specs" these days (with the exception of the Tombstone frame) and now just make generic sports glasses. There are no prescription shooting lenses per se but the general lens quality is excellent. Prices for one set start around £350

Decot supply "proper" shooting glasses from the USA with lots of lens options. Ive only seen one batch of these: a client bought five sets, all had incorrect prescriptions and the lenses were poorly made. Couldve been a one or five off..?

Along these lines are Straub and Castellani - popular abroad, don't know much about them over here.

My main products are Randolph Engineering (the Sporter, Classic and Edge frames are good) and I am running the prescription program for Pilla UK. Prices are higher for these, frames start at £145 for RE up to £180, £189 up to £249 for the new Carbon Fibre in the Pilla collection. Lenses start at £260 for an uncoated set. Antiglare coatings, hydrophobic coatings, high index and bifocal options are available on request.

Pretty much any prescription can be handled and results so far have been excellent!

If you have a prescription copy to hand i can give you some tailored advice.

Ed
Hi ed sorry for delay in getting back to you i had to get my prescription from optometrist . Il attach a pic im sure it will make sense to you . My vision isnt terribly bad but bad enough that i cant see the clay without glasses

14933788008501532801311.jpg

That's a pretty low to moderate level of short sightedness so we're pretty much good to go with any brand. Some prescriptions can only go in certain frames but here we're fine!

Latest posts

Back