EJ Churchill CPSA reg ESP April 6th

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Hewland

This Thursday, entries 10-4pm, no booking needed. 12 stands of registered Sporting. All welcome. Plas wad permitted. A great way to shoot this venue for £34.50! £39.50 comp.

And yes, this is happening just two days before the Premier League shoot there on Saturday 8th, so some busy course setting on Friday!

On Facebook - EJC has introduced a pool shoot on registered shoot days which is IMO fabulous - the more I can shoot the better.  £7 for 25 targets - good price.

It was on Sian and also very civilised toilets at far end of ground added.

The shoot was another good one. More technical than big-lead but some tricky stuff. A massive 98 for Hamid who looked particularly smooth today! Some great shooters still out when I left. 91 for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I took Harry, my 12 year old lad to EJC today, his second reg shoot and my third. We scored 64 & 65 respectively which we were both pleased with, a really enjoyable day.

I took Harry, my 12 year old lad to EJC today, his second reg shoot and my third. We scored 64 & 65 respectively which we were both pleased with, a really enjoyable day.
Did you arrive about 10.15? Think I saw you heading in. Glad you had a great day of it!

Hamid will need to share the HG, Nick Portlock 98 also, some of these fellows out and about today are simply outstanding

177 CPSA entries yesterday (plus likely 20+ non CPSA). Scores already on CPSA site.

It all flowed very well which bodes well for tomorrow's Premier League shoot there. Another day in the sun it seems! See many of you there.

Really looking forward to this tomorrow.... sun is out gun is out.

Never been to EJ Churchill before and i hear nothing but good reports about it. Think the good lady is coming along with me so we will likely have the wonky Rottie with us. Lets just hope i can shoot something with a 7 on the front of it for a change as my sporting has been woeful recently.

I made a right pigs ear of the Premier league shoot. Started well, then (my excuse is) I started playing with lenses as I'm evaluating what to order in a new pair. A mix of distraction and having wrong ones on was stupid. Not a great score! A firmer shoot than Thursday I thought though. 

Was a game of two halves for me.  Was pleased with the first seven stands, only dropping 8 targets. Lost concentration a bit in the second half and ended up on 73, although I think that was probably the harder half of the course. Not unhappy, it's still above my current average.  Only two targets that I totally effed up - the going away rabbit and the battue. 

First visit of 2017, last day I was there being the sept 2016 reg, again and as always impressed by grounds, staff and the way they all gel and get things done etc. Glorious weather, and not too busy (2.30) Shot as card 1-14, watched 8 people straight stand 1 a report pair of teal walks into stand and promptly set myself up the wrong way round, muppet, managed to find most targets, did lose a few thereafter, very cheerful crowd around the course so I kept my potty mouth (a la Adele) in check, finished on 73 which was more than I felt it was going to be when shooting etc, just shows how one (C class plodder remember) can pull a score back despite the odd howler or four. 

1st time I have shot at Churchill and loved it. Beautiful setting, great targets and plenty of places to tie the dogs whilst shooting with the wonky rotty enjoying plenty of fuss and sun. Weather helped as did breaking 78 which is by far my best since returning to sporting after way too many years away ? Even tied with the hubby. Will definitely be back!

BTW does anyone have the full results from today.

FB_IMG_1491666508031.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Really looking forward to this tomorrow.... Lets just hope i can shoot something with a 7 on the front of it for a change as my sporting has been woeful recently.
Well as reported by my good lady (above) it was a very good day. I finally got back into the 70's on a sporting card and enjoyed the sunshine.

The club is superb, great facilities, dogs made very welcome, cracking layout testy but not stupid hard. I will certainly be making an effort to get back there as only 1hr 30mins away. 

It was really all about 4 targets that cost me a VERY big score today - 1st target on 5, 2nd target on 7, 1st target on 8, 2nd target on 9 - they cost me 13 targets to finish on 78 - need to find that point were i stop and take stock / re-group a bit earlier rather than chuck that many targets away over 4 stands.

Well as reported by my good lady (above) it was a very good day. I finally got back into the 70's on a sporting card and enjoyed the sunshine.

The club is superb, great facilities, dogs made very welcome, cracking layout testy but not stupid hard. I will certainly be making an effort to get back there as only 1hr 30mins away. 

It was really all about 4 targets that cost me a VERY big score today - 1st target on 5, 2nd target on 7, 1st target on 8, 2nd target on 9 - they cost me 13 targets to finish on 78 - need to find that point were i stop and take stock / re-group a bit earlier rather than chuck that many targets away over 4 stands.
I can't remember the targets/stands numbers, need reminding. 

Back