Lloyd Pattison

Gun reviews on youtube

ips

exactly finners, folk who are paid to review have to say its good ...lloyd is doing a ground level appraisal in a no nonsense chat at the bar style.

think I will have a look at some of his others, I am curious now.

• Like 1

ips

just watched the last vid (ffd a few bits for no particular reason). I liked it, it was honest it was down to earth it was believable.

as for the erms, I would not have noticed if it hadn't been brought to my attention beforehand. Very few folk could get through an un scripted narrative without the odd erm or um ? I think you should be proud of what you have done Lloyd.

?

• Like 2

Lloyd Pattison

Thanks for the feedback man, it's great to hear that at least some people are enjoying it :) 

Jonny English

Just watched this now, I have watched all your videos and this is one of your best ones yet. Very constructive criticism of both, I think your summary regarding depreciation etc was spot on. Quality of presentation was good, didn't notice the erms personally, only thing maybe missing was weight and dimension comparisons etc between the two, but hard to remember to get everything in.

All in all very good and very refreshing to get honest critique and proper consumer information about stuff that matters to ordinary Joe Bloggs. Looking forward to the next one, keep it up.

• Like 4

Lloyd Pattison

Enjoy :)

• Like 1

MJJ

Excellent review Lloyd. Probably your best one yet. The gun really suited you to shoot, as evident by the video.

• Like 1

hoplite

Nice review Lloyd!

• Like 1

Jonny English

Well done, another excellent review.  Keep it up.

• Like 1

kevin

Good review,
 keep em coming

• Like 1

woody

I think they're a lovely gun.

I've looked a couple in a local shop.  I did have a CG Summit Impact, and although I maintain it was the comfiest gun I ever shot, and it did fit me, I just couldn't get used to a High Rib sporter.

So the only thing that puts me off an invictus, is getting my pants pulled down if i ever wanted to part-ex it. 

Edited by woody

Finners
1 hour ago, woody said:

I think they're a lovely gun.

I've looked a couple in a local shop.  I did have a CG Summit Impact, and although I maintain it was the comfiest gun I ever shot, and it did fit me, I just couldn't get used to a High Rib sporter.

So the only thing that puts me off an invictus, is getting my pants pulled down if i ever wanted to part-ex it. 

So buy a used one. If it helps, I just sold a 3 1/2 year old Challenger and lost iro £400. That was a private ie no P/X sale. 

I can not recommend these guns highly enough, just based on my own personal experience in dealing with Mike and Alistair at Anglo Italian over the years. My own CG Maxum is now more than 10 years old and people often comment on how beautiful it is and how it does not look 10 years old. 

Having said that, personally I'm not a huge fan of the Invictus. Yes, as Llyod says they are beautifully finished and superb value but I just find this model a bit "chunky" Just my view of course, but my Challenger and the Maxum are both fabulous guns.  

• Like 1

Simonix

I had a CG maxum. Beautiful gun. 

Bought it 2nd hand for £2400, part exed it 3 years later and got £2000 for it. Not that bad a loss really. Probably could have sold if private and lost less....

woody
5 hours ago, Finners said:

So buy a used one. If it helps, I just sold a 3 1/2 year old Challenger and lost iro £400. That was a private ie no P/X sale. 

I can not recommend these guns highly enough, just based on my own personal experience in dealing with Mike and Alistair at Anglo Italian over the years. My own CG Maxum is now more than 10 years old and people often comment on how beautiful it is and how it does not look 10 years old. 

Having said that, personally I'm not a huge fan of the Invictus. Yes, as Llyod says they are beautifully finished and superb value but I just find this model a bit "chunky" Just my view of course, but my Challenger and the Maxum are both fabulous guns.  

Horses for courses....... it's the chunky aspect I like. 

Finners
21 minutes ago, woody said:

Horses for courses....... it's the chunky aspect I like. 

Absolutely, as I said, just my opinion :) 

Westward

Good review Lloyd. It's hard to fault the CG business model of building attractive guns with good features, good performance & a pleasure to shoot - and all at a sensible price level.

Regarding the barrel selector mysteriously switching to top barrel, my Challenger did that and it also happened on a friend's Challenger but there are 2 updates for the selector depending on model type. Mine was updated when AngloItalian serviced it recently and it's been fine ever since. On the very latest guns, the selector has be set to safe before you can change barrels. It wasn't possible to fit that type to my Challenger but I'm pretty sure that the earlier Invictus guns can be upgraded to the latest level.

• Like 1

Finners
2 hours ago, Westward said:

Good review Lloyd. It's hard to fault the CG business model of building attractive guns with good features, good performance & a pleasure to shoot - and all at a sensible price level.

And of course the exceptional service! 

Lloyd Pattison

This weeks review, something a bit unusual The Beretta A400 Multitarget:

• Like 1

MJJ

You raised some very good valid points on that particular model - A400 multitarget. 

• Like 1

Lloyd Pattison

Blaser F3 Vantage review this week chaps:

• Like 4

Lloyd Pattison
Bit late this week due to work commitments but here you go the Beretta DT11:
Edited by Lloyd Pattison
  • Like 5

Lloyd Pattison

Happy Friday everyone.

• Like 2

mattjevans

Nice review as usual Lloyd.  Really impressed with your videos 

• Like 1

Lloyd Pattison

2 new episodes this week, a mini tour of Perazzi, and a long tour of Beretta. Apologies for the poor quality audio at Beretta, I was shooting on my phone and didn't have an opportunity to mic up the lady doing the tour, the factory being a noisy environment the audio quality is spotty.

mattjevans

how would you contrast the two factories Lloyd?