Gun reviews on youtube

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lloyd Pattison

Hello all, I have started a new Youtube channel for gun reviews and I thought I would share it with you all on here:

Gun Shorts

Please swing by and subscribe if you enjoy.

I have reviewed the Browning B725(2) this week and hope to have more exciting stuff in the coming weeks, with regular updates on new guns and hopefully a mix of old and new, high end and budget. 

Thanks for reading :)

Fair play to you, there aren't enough English shotgun reviews on youtube.

Like Battue says though, "erm" is very off putting and I couldn't finish watching.

I'm sure you've already seen them but English Shooting and The Gun Shop are 2 good examples of amateur but well done youtube shooting channels. The English Shooting guy does waffle on but he he has a genuine enthusiasm for all things shooting. The Gun Shop have loads of informative videos, I'm surprised they don't have more views.

Last edited by a moderator:
The person describing the gun in some of the videos has worked in several gunshops in the south,failed to give me a price on a gun when working elsewhere after 3 requests over several months.

Mentioned him in another shop and after they stopped laughing they told me he was just the person to work on your gun if you wanted the scope fitting backwards!

May be part of the answer reference views  :D

Thanks for the feedback. Funny I have never noticed how often I say Um but it seems to be a bit of a vocal tic I have as I definitely do it all the time now you have drawn attention to it. I shall try and curb it for my next vid since it seems to get on your wick.

Thanks for the feedback. Funny I have never noticed how often I say Um but it seems to be a bit of a vocal tic I have as I definitely do it all the time now you have drawn attention to it. I shall try and curb it for my next vid since it seems to get on your wick.
You probably say it more because you are taping yourself rather than having a natural conversation and are therefore aware that you have to keep going and be interesting.   It just takes practise and you will do it less and less as you get used to it.

haven't watched it yet but I wouldn't worry too much about it, as Sian says your probably subconsciously filling in the vocal gaps.

well done and good luck ?

I watched it all and thought it was good, I liked the shooting at the end it was different to other reviews ive seen. I am sure you will get more confident the more videos you post. Keep them coming.

Yeah - keep it up.... with all things, you'll get better as you go.  You'll also get loads of feedback, constructive or otherwise. 

The key things with reviews is to figure out how to differentiate.  All magazine reviews seem to be positive - so it would be worth thinking about what daylight you can put in between the guns you review. 

Good luck - and feel free to keep posting here. 

I fast forwarded through a couple and have to say found it like a pleasant person having a go at gun reviewing, which is what it is. Not saying you have the wherewithal or time but Cory Kruse's attempt is so much more professional and informative that you have to accept your sights need to be raised a fair bit. 

It is high time gun/shell reviews specific to our market went online but I personally don't have the attention span or time for average (sorry) attempts, I can already get that from hearing people talk about guns on the range as well as FB. It needs to be technically adept with in depth knowledge and I hate to say it perhaps experience of what truly makes something stand out. Watching you shoot some targets is nice but do you have the skill set to differentiate whether other guns in the same price range shoot better or describe in a little detail how it copes with different types of targets thrown (that's what I want to know). 

This isn't meant to be harsh as I appreciate you're not a professional but correct use of camera angles, technical terminology, relevant analysis etc, etc, take years to achieve hence a chat over a kitchen table isn't quite up to the mark. Also I may be wrong here but I'd drop poof for bender, a touch more PC.  :)

All the best. 

Hello all, I have started a new Youtube channel for gun reviews and I thought I would share it with you all on here:

Gun Shorts

Please swing by and subscribe if you enjoy.

I have reviewed the Browning B725(2) this week and hope to have more exciting stuff in the coming weeks, with regular updates on new guns and hopefully a mix of old and new, high end and budget. 

Thanks for reading :)
not bad mate...... you've got a subscriber..... keep em coming

Just to be different it might be worth doing comparisons between two guns at the same time. For example why is one gun £1K and another £2.5K, buying new compared to used, difference between Browning and CG. This might appeal to new shooters who just get the same old drivel from dealers trying to pedal their best earners. Also try and offer some advice as to the advantages or otherwise of different features...

Also you could do a little series for people trying to enter the sport. Starting with getting a licence, buying a first gun, what cartridges to buy, going to a new shooting ground and entering competitions. This would allow you to do some "out and about features" and be really useful. I wish I had a walk through of what happens at a CPSA completion and the formality of shooting in a squad before I went to my first event, nothing worse than feeling like the new kid at a school on the first day. 

It would be refreshing to hear honest reviews rather than from a personal stance, very hard to do I know. I would try and leave out personal preferences as they are just that.

Well done for having a go though and I hope it goes well. How about getting some "Guest shooters" on for their opinions on their guns and kit, even if it is only one of your mates who is willing to join in, will add a different twist and I think make a video flow better.

If you want to go into doing comparisons they want to be from the same price bracket for consumer advice, 

Eg,

Mk38 vs 682

725 black vs 692 black

Longthorne vs boxall

Yildiz vs revo vs webley and scott

Bettyinsoli vs lincoln

You the drift, often people have 2-3 guns in mind and a direct comparison is never found because all magazine reviews are virtually identical with the gun name changed!

Thanks everyone, I definitely plan to do some comparative reviews for stuff in the same price point as well as the "whats the difference between a cheap gun and an expensive one"  in future and I like the sound of a budget round up for beginners and the newbie guides section. Excellent.

I will be picking up something new for the next episode soon but at the moment I haven't decided on what, Any requests? Pending availability of course.

A younger chap on our squad was shooting one yesterday, seemed to do OK in fairness. Incidentally it is a misnomer that people of slight stature would benefit from lighter guns, if anything it is almost the opposite although obviously not suggesting that they should wield 12 lb guns. 

Back