1/4 & 1/2 or 1/4 & 1/4

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

525kev

Ok first time out the my Gun Monday and have a quick question.

Gun came with 1/4 & 1/2 fitted.

I have 5 other chokes but noticed 2 of them are Briley 1/4 (IC) and they look very used so previous owner obviously favoured this combo and  wondered what to go with to get me started ?

Or as a novice it won'tmake a bit of differance .

depends what your shooting.

I shoot sporting and use 1/4 & 1/2 ,I've put them in since I started shooting about 4-5 years ago and never changed it 

I use Briley 1/4 and 1/4. Works well, but to me the most important thing is to have the same choke in each barrel to totally avoid distraction.  

Stick the 1/4- 1/4 in and leave it. My personal preference is 3/8 in both barrels.

Just try all of them and use the combination that gives you most confidence.

I did used 2 extended Briley I/C chokes in my Miroku sporter for the last 6 years without any problems. I now use 2 x I/C DS chokes in my Browning. The only thing that I do is to carry a box of 'hard hitters' (Express World Cup) in case I encounter a rangey target. It is probably a 'mental ' thing, but it works for me. 

Thanks Guys at least i was somewhere near :)

When i was shown around he mentioned the novice stands which i'll be attending and none are rangy so 1/4 - 1/4 it is :)

First try today with 1/4 1/4 they do work when i point the Gun correctly .

Must admit i was surprised how quick you can get through 175 carts :)

I think this depends on the types of shoot you attend. Some we have been to you could shoot cylinder in both, and at the other end of the range a few of the big comps will probably be best with 1/2 for the more distant edge on stuff.

Just crudely measured a Mobil 1/4 to a Briley skeet. Very little in it, the skeet was almost the same as the 1/4.

Latest posts

Back