Blazer F 16 Sporter ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garwood

Anyone bought one ? User thoughts ? Have`n`t seen one in the metal up to now .

Cheers.

A mate of mine has one, it's ok but nothing like an F3, he bought it from Malmo Guns who pay a little extra for good wood.

They are getting very popular in the North West.

A mate of mine has one, it's ok but nothing like an F3, he bought it from Malmo Guns who pay a little extra for good wood.

They are getting very popular in the North West.
It may be the one that I put back on the shelf   !  I have tried both F3 and F16, but did not like either. I bought their Browning 725 demo.  (the one that rusts and falls apart by all accounts).

Last edited by a moderator:
So what are the negatives ? Got to say I really couldn`t get on with either of two 725`s that I`ve shot.

I haven't shot a f16 Blaser but have dry mounted one and it felt similar to my f3,if i was after a new gun in the f16 price range then thats what would go for.If your used to a steadyer wider action type gun like a dt10 etc the blaser is probably not for you.

I haven't shot a f16 Blaser but have dry mounted one and it felt similar to my f3,if i was after a new gun in the f16 price range then thats what would go for.If your used to a steadyer wider action type gun like a dt10 etc the blaser is probably not for you.
I've had a couple of F3's and the F16 is really very different to shoot, good comment about the action type, I found the F3 was not really for me, saying that though I had a go with a mates F3 which is 12 months old and I missed nowt at Blackpool yesterday, my 32" F3 was seven years old when I bought and felt totally different to a new version.

Should suit you then ,i came from a browning ultra to a blaser f3 and shot well with it straight away.

Will have to have look,if nothing more .The more trad aspects appeal much more than the F3 tbh.It would be a gamble tho changing from a well proven recipe !

Thanks for the input all.

Should suit you then ,i came from a browning ultra to a blaser f3 and shot well with it straight away.
No, I'm not spending over 4K on any more guns, I like my grade 1 Miroku 30" trap gun too much, I 've never had one which handles like it to be honest, chokes are original and I use it for everything.

Mike do you know how all the waights were set up on the different  ones you tried?
On my F3 I had two 10g weights at the rear of the mounting plate and one stock weight about an inch from the action, I set Amanda's F3 up the same but it feels much more steady. The F16 just had weights in the stock, it's not mine and Tony is quite happy with it.

Managed to get a hold of one to try recently,shot 50 sporting with it.Liked the handling,light barrels !Good trigger and smooth to shoot.Looked a nice piece of kit well put together but ultimately stock shape was a non starter for me without work ,so not a potential purchase !

Managed to get a hold of one to try recently,shot 50 sporting with it.Liked the handling,light barrels !Good trigger and smooth to shoot.Looked a nice piece of kit well put together but ultimately stock shape was a non starter for me without work ,so not a potential purchase !
If you are used to Miroku guns I am not surprised you did not like the F16. The only thing I would say about the 725 is that having handled a couple and not being impressed, I picked up the demo gun at Malmo, which had an adjustable comb (one of my pet hates) and it 'felt' very well balanced and a pound lighter than my Miroku Trap, although it is only 2 ozs lighter. I can only think the balance is right for me due to the scrap metal surrounding the adjustable comb. My major problem at present is the 'sight picture', I am looking down onto the rib and not along it. I have packed out the recoil pad at the heel with 2 tap washers in an attempt to cure the drip at the back of the stock !  It now seems to be shooting about 12" lower at a 30 yard teal target. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly the sight picture I got with the F16 ! I like to look along the rib personally.The game spec stock seems to have better drop for my taste.

Back