thanks Nic!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TobyM

Had this afternoon off in lieu of some overtime so Nic and I headed over to OLSS. As we pulled in, saw Bob_P as well.

Quick fizzy pop and then on to the OT layout.

Poor first round from me and then Nic (who had kindly offered to coach some trap basics) shadowed me on the 2nd round. 22! My best ever at OT.

Then we took our separate pegs. Flying solo next I had a 19 and then it tailed off a bit in to the teens. In all 5 rounds which was probably one too many in this heat.

I believe Bob_P had 2 x 18 with his half-choked K80 sporter so not shabby IMO.

Nic finished with a very good 23 and had some other good scores in her rounds. Also met a nice chap called Richard and I sat out the last round. Richard and Nic were joined by a chap called Tim and his son Joel before we left.

Good confidence builder for me and some handy tips plus I had pointed out to me some mistakes which need eradicating.

Was great to meet up with you both yesterday. I was on my way back from Wylye, where I had a great practise round with Ian (thanks Ian for the wisdom and button pushing). A little bit of OT was just the job to finish one of my precious days off work. Not shot OT more than 4 times before, so was pleased with two 18s, a few wise words from Nicola, and maybe I could improve on that. Well done on your 22 Toby, cracking shooting, looked good to me.

Good luck at the Open today, please post how you get on.

Great to snatch an afternoon off with Tobs, Bob was an unexpected bonus.

We had fun and the OT layout looked fantastic. Not a clay in sight till we started, all the mini Lonato bank had been mowed, it was a fab background.

Tobs is much better than he thinks he is. Tweak here, tweak there and I think he surprised himself. His 22 was mostly first barrel kills in the middle. Which is how it should be.

Back