FITASC TRAP1

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhilR

I note from the FITAV (Italian Federation) calendar they're running three Trap1 Grands Prix .

Trap1 is the new name for FITASC's Trap300 which is a modified form of our ABT, rules on their website.

I suspect FITAV are running these as trial events for FITASC with the view of European and World Championships being held in the future. 

Never thought i would say it but this looks like a good move from polinkas for a change,abt has a big following and can be set up cheaply. 

Never thought i would say it but this looks like a good move from polinkas for a change,abt has a big following and can be set up cheaply. 
I believe that Peter Croft was heavily involved in pushing this forward. 

No punch without judy,thats the way to dooo it.
I know far more about went on than you give me credit for.  I originally suggested another discipline at a FITASC UT Technical Commission meeting to prevent Palinkas forcing through his beloved 'snake' system amongst other changes on UT. The ISSF had quietly dropped Automatic Trap, which is really ABT but with 24gms and it would be simple and cheap for a new installation and could also use existing UT or OT trenches.  Croft later offered to modify the CPSA rules, that was in September 2012, he hadn't done them a year later when I asked to proof read them.

I would never dream of saying you didnt know what you were talking about phil,i have the utmost respect for all you have done.

I just dont believe anything happens without the all clear from paris.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to realise that Peter lives in Shropshire , we are looking forward to Elizabeth's Coronation.

Ooooops did we miss it?

He was, it took him over two years to modify the CPSA rules, anyone else 20 minutes!
I did speak to him about it a while ago. Apparently there were issues with the layouts to be used. Some countries wouldn't sign up to the ABT format we are use to. 

I did speak to him about it a while ago. Apparently there were issues with the layouts to be used. Some countries wouldn't sign up to the ABT format we are use to. 
As Peter still lives in the 1980's I guess he was trying to bring in shooting from an arc as it used to be.  All other countries with UT/OT ranges certainly wouldn't want to mess about creating an arc especially as their acoustics are normally hard wired in too.

Somebody is going to have to explain the reason why this new game has been brought into existence. I don't see any club whatsoever installing new setups on their grounds as most clubs are already equipped with at least two FU setups as it stands this easily copes with the demands of the numbers of shooters for a Sunday shoot. There is next to no chance that new clubs will be formed to shoot this new format... at the moment the pressure is on clubs from the noise abatement societies! I would really like to know where the idea actually comes from ...could it be that it is actually driven from the UK and FITASC wants to gobble it up to create some euro and world events? My general feedback from shooters down here is that they want to shoot in competitions where all the competitor shoot the same targets. There is already a type of shooting down here call Fosse American it is very similar to ABT but does not have the variation of height only angle... it is not very popular for obvious reasons .. it is sh*te.

In short I do not see too many clubs ripping out their perfectly good FU and FO  trenches to be able to participate in this tom foolery . This format will be as popular as the "snake"  was .

A ball trap machine replaces fixed trap three in a dedicated UT layout or trap eight in an OT layout. Most trench layouts in the UK are multi discipline.

Palinkas wanted to dumb down UT by reducing distances and angles because shooters found it too hard, allegedly. Trap1 gives him an 'easy' discipline, plus in countries affiliated to FITASC that don't shoot trap and there are some constructing a Trap1 layout is considerably cheaper.

It might also keep shooters in the FITASC camp instead of transferring their allegiance to FEDECAT.

A ball trap machine replaces fixed trap three in a dedicated UT layout or trap eight in an OT layout. Most trench layouts in the UK are multi discipline.

Palinkas wanted to dumb down UT by reducing distances and angles because shooters found it too hard, allegedly. Trap1 gives him an 'easy' discipline, plus in countries affiliated to FITASC that don't shoot trap and there are some constructing a Trap1 layout is considerably cheaper.

It might also keep shooters in the FITASC camp instead of transferring their allegiance to FEDECAT.
I still don't see any club spending good money on a trap to fix something that is far from broken... in France at least. As you well know even for club events FU can gather up to 80 shooters and last years French championship saw almost six hundred shooters take part. I have never heard any complaint down here about the difficulty of FU in fact most clubs are going out of their way to lay on what is perceived to be the more challenging schemes even for training. I don't doubt that building a new layout will be cheaper for this new discipline... I just don't think it is going to happen anytime soon down here. In the three regions I shoot in there are over 100 well established member clubs why would they want to change their setup when there is no problem at all attracting shooters for the already very popular FU format ? As a matter of interest I have never heard of any club in either midi Pyrenees, Languedoc-Roussillon or Aquitaine  where a FEDECAT event has taken place... where do the FEDECAT events take place? I am by the way not just nit picking or trying to get at you Phil I just honestly do not see this taking off... Well not in the part of France I do my shooting anyway.

edit

To win a club FU competition around the clubs I shoot at you need to shoot at least 95 or 96 to win but very often higher ... just how much easier does Plonker want to make the game?

I still don't see any club spending good money on a trap to fix something that is far from broken... in France at least. As you well know even for club events FU can gather up to 80 shooters and last years French championship saw almost six hundred shooters take part. I have never heard any complaint down here about the difficulty of FU in fact most clubs are going out of their way to lay on what is perceived to be the more challenging schemes even for training. I don't doubt that building a new layout will be cheaper for this new discipline... I just don't think it is going to happen anytime soon down here. In the three regions I shoot in there are over 100 well established member clubs why would they want to change their setup when there is no problem at all attracting shooters for the already very popular FU format ? As a matter of interest I have never heard of any club in either midi Pyrenees, Languedoc-Roussillon or Aquitaine  where a FEDECAT event has taken place... where do the FEDECAT events take place? I am by the way not just nit picking or trying to get at you Phil I just honestly do not see this taking off... Well not in the part of France I do my shooting anyway.

edit

To win a club FU competition around the clubs I shoot at you need to shoot at least 95 or 96 to win but very often higher ... just how much easier does Plonker want to make the game?
I'm not interested in shooting 'easy' fast trap, nor do I have any time for the whingers who want everything dumbed down to their ability level which is happening here.

However, DTL has taken a hold in France, and shock horror, in Italy too. Therefore, one could conclude there is a market for easier disciplines, where UT and OT dominate.  Palinkas tried via me when I was President of BICTSF to get the previous CPSA CEO to meet and discuss FITASC taking over the management of DTL and holding pukka European and World championships, Mr Boakes attitude to him was go forth and multiply.  Palinkas isn't particularly interested in the discipline per se but in the amount of entrants it would create and of course FITASC skim off their take of the entry fees plus the licence fees to hold such events.

When Ychoux BTC first opened I attended the French UT championships in 2007 I think it was, to vet it for the World Championships the following year.  There was an entry in excess of 800 with a waiting list.  However, although the WCH was very well attended, the attendance of French shooters was considerably lower that at the previous year's national championships.  I would put that down to the extortionate entry fee charged by FITASC and nowt in return for it, in comparison to the FFBT championship entry fee.

FEDECAT events are largely held in Portugal and Spain and some events in South America too.  We have a FEDECAT UK branch and it will be interesting to see if FFBT affiliate to FEDECAT, if that happens I expect Palinkas will choke on his morning cafe creme.

High gun at CPSA registered UT events here are usually in the order of 94 plus too.

However, DTL has taken a hold in France, and shock horror, in Italy too. Therefore, one could conclude there is a market for easier disciplines.
The sticking point I mentioned earlier  I believe was that some countries wanted TRAP 1 to be held on a DTL layout with a raised traphouse rather than the ABT bunker which others prefer.

There is already a type of shooting down here call Fosse American it is very similar to ABT but does not have the variation of height only angle... it is not very popular for obvious reasons .. it is sh*te.
Simple Truth!     And the most of you prolly think I'm crazy when I tell you how lucky you are to have the games you do

FITASC has had its panties in a twist over FEDECAT for some time now.  It seems that FEDECAT had nothing more to start than a large enough segment of the shooting population that was tired of FITASC and had decided that they could do better.  FITASC had a seizure.

It's all quite a drama to watch but I'm still waiting to see how shooters are going to benefit by re-naming a marginally re-shaped game?

Back