FITASC novice

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AW13

As soon as I am able I plan to pop down to Southdown and try my hand at FITASC.  I know it is tough but nothing ventured.....

Can you advise which gun would be best; my MK60 with 1/4 & 3/4 fixed chokes or [if allowed] my Rem 1187 semi and if so which choke, i was t,hinking 1/4 or maybe a 1/2.

Thanks

As soon as I am able I plan to pop down to Southdown and try my hand at FITASC.  I know it is tough but nothing ventured.....

Can you advise which gun would be best; my MK60 with 1/4 & 3/4 fixed chokes or [if allowed] my Rem 1187 semi and if so which choke, i was t,hinking 1/4 or maybe a 1/2.

Thanks
The one you can hit more clays with! 1/4 choke will be fine. 

Thanks Will

Was concerned about etiquette bearing in mind some trap disciplines seem to prefer o/u as they seem concerned about used cartridges flying about. 

Not sure whether you are pulling my leg 
Be sure..

All joking apart, two shots at a single is FAR from being the great answer. In fact the trap to avoid is having two rubbish shots (one too early and one too late). It depends on the target, but I usually reckon to have 1 shot at your normal best place and save second shot for a lucky recovery attempt.

Thanks for the advice, just scanned the rules for " FEDERATION INTERNATIONALE DE TIR AUX ARMES SPORTIVES DE CHASSE".  They will need a proper read, seen very complicated in places but will probably seem fine once I can shoot my first round or 2. 

I like the variety that FITASC seems to offer, might regret that comment once I have shot a round

Thanks for the advice, just scanned the rules for " FEDERATION INTERNATIONALE DE TIR AUX ARMES SPORTIVES DE CHASSE".  They will need a proper read, seen very complicated in places but will probably seem fine once I can shoot my first round or 2. 

I like the variety that FITASC seems to offer, might regret that comment once I have shot a round
Once on a squad, it will become clear, it's not bad. Tell the ref it's first go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go and shoot. Take the MK60 as it will not missfire and upset you and will be perfect for Fitasc. Remember - you have two shots at the singles so you ought to clear a load of those up, and you have half a dozen pairs to shoot where you ought to do the same. Don't make an issue of 'gun down', its really not a problem at all. If you shoot at the right ground you will find the rest of the squad helpful and supportive and you should have a great days shooting. Dedicate the whole day to it - don't be in a rush to finish, enjoy the experience. You are very fortunate to have the opportunity to begin and continue to shoot what many of us think is the finest discipline in the whole of clay shooting. Remember to tell us how you got on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Southdown Fitasc is a tough but good fun shoot and the refs will make allowances for a first timer. Make sure you have warm/dry wear though. Winter shoots can be bitter and like it or not you spend the entire day at the ground. Much of it standing waiting. Can be bloody freezing if they have layouts on the hill and the breeze is up.

I too love Fitasc and I too will admit at first I was a little overawed by the whole "make sure your gun is below the fitasc line" and the "make sure you have a Fitasc line" but the reality was that I was welcomed and the squad usually will be very happy to guide Fitasc virgins and even though some of the refs are very thorough regarding the rules they are fair and use common sense when dealing with someone just starting out - that doesn't mean you will get away with it but they are not going to eat you.  Wynno is my favourite Fitasc ref  :kiss: .   

I too love Fitasc and I too will admit at first I was a little overawed by the whole "make sure your gun is below the fitasc line" and the "make sure you have a Fitasc line" but the reality was that I was welcomed and the squad usually will be very happy to guide Fitasc virgins and even though some of the refs are very thorough regarding the rules they are fair and use common sense when dealing with someone just starting out - that doesn't mean you will get away with it but they are not going to eat you.  Wynno is my favourite Fitasc ref  :kiss: .   
I've finally made it to the big time......I have a fan club  :angel:

I like the idea, propper shooting none of this pre mounted mamby pamby nonsense ?

I am now on a mission for a fitasc SxS comp over two days somewhere nice and in the warmer months ?

I like the idea, propper shooting none of this pre mounted mamby pamby nonsense ?

I am now on a mission for a fitasc SxS comp over two days somewhere nice and in the warmer months ?
European FITASC championship Dorset in June take the caravan and eze  :thumbsup:

Logo_Ech_PCH%5B1%5D.jpg

8th - 11th June 2017

Back